Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:51:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Tribes story continues.  (Read 5100 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: June 22, 2015, 05:22:20 PM »

After some time, I thought of putting two quite old pieces together after re-arranging them and this is the result - complete with story line Smiley

Three generations ago the tribes were forced to leave their country when a fireball fell from the sky scattering shining stones that killed. All know the epic tale of the band of travellers left behind, who then searched for many years before, at last, finding the tribes' new homeland.

The tribes council quickly realised the hard won survival skills of the 'seekers' (as they became known) were valuable for surveying their new lands. They encouraged a loose cadre with a small but growing number of youngsters joining.

Quietly, while the tribes thrived, the elder seekers and those of a naturally curious mind, made trips to the old country to study the shining stones, knowing this would probably kill them. A chance discovery of an insect very sensitive to the emanations dramatically reduced this risk. Much later, it was discovered that a soft grey metal could safely contain the stones. All were taken by the new 'curators' to a remote village and placed in a great vault lined with the 'veiling' metal. This was then sealed.

The effect of even limited exposure to the stones, along with the deep pain of seeing their once lovely city, towns and villages in ruins took it's toll on those undertaking this heroic task, both young and old. They became known as the 'quiet ones'.

Please enjoy Taming the Stones

* Taming_The_Stones.ogg (4314.39 KB - downloaded 255 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 05:24:11 PM »

... and an mp3.

* Taming_The_Stones.mp3 (5230.78 KB - downloaded 276 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 06:31:42 PM »

A story in song(s). Charming!  Kiss

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 10:28:32 PM »

The first half,sounds like carousel music to me & doesn't fit the story at all...to my ears.Whereas the second half is tremendously dramatic & exquisitely beautiful & fits the story perfectly.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 07:41:12 PM »

Thanks for listening, and commenting.

@Thom
The first part was intended to convey the idea of the general population happily going along with no idea of the dangers the 'seekers' were facing. Initially I tried several alternate cross/fades but that just ruined both sections. Then I tried a single fade accross but that still didn't sound right. The fadeout of the first part, tiny gap then clean start of the main theme was the best compromise I could come up with Undecided

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: