Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:49:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Aenar Encounters  (Read 6906 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 06, 2015, 05:28:00 AM »

For those that may not be aware,the Aenar race,is a blind Andorian subspecies of ice-dwellers that reside in the northern hemisphere of the planet Andoria.During Andoria's hottest season...this region of the planet remains at sub-arctic temperatures and as a result,the Aenar live in subterranean cities,in order to take advantage of the planet's geothermal energy.
All of the tracks in this song,were produced with only the instruments that came with my new upgrade version of Studio One,which is version 3.In addition to the many of the wonderful refinements(function-wise) with this upgrade,also includes 15GB of new sounds!
This song was created to showcase my newly acquired DAW and I plan on doing an in depth review of it,once I become properly acclimated to it's inner workings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pGxb6oJGqA&feature=youtu.be

* S1 V3...yep.PNG (309.5 KB, 1895x1028 - viewed 602 times.)

* S1 v3 3rd.PNG (296.66 KB, 1916x1015 - viewed 625 times.)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 03:59:32 PM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2015, 06:07:04 PM »

Back when I first encountered synth-based music, it was pathetic - one dimensional, uninspired noodlings of some techno-dweeb - but somehow, containing a promise of better things to come.

Thom's most recent display of technical and musical wizardry is undoubtedly where those early knob twirlers envisioned taking their instrument.
       Nice work, Pilgrim! Afro

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2015, 09:01:59 PM »

Back when I first encountered synth-based music, it was pathetic - one dimensional, uninspired noodlings of some techno-dweeb - but somehow, containing a promise of better things to come.

Thom's most recent display of technical and musical wizardry is undoubtedly where those early knob twirlers envisioned taking their instrument.
       Nice work, Pilgrim! Afro

Oren,

Very much appreciate your perspective and the generously kind comments-thanks!  Cool I was exposed to synth-based music from an early age and fortunately,I have been influenced by the likes of Jan Hammer and Howard Jones(both of whom,were classically trained pianists and were some of the most disciplined musicians ever to exist)...while also having the unique talents to brilliantly blend different styles of music.
These guys were the synth demigods of the time,back when synth music was at it's most musical and as best as I am able,I try to keep that level of musicality in synth music...to keep this style of music alive and well.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2015, 10:37:46 AM »

Well paced, smooth sounds. Matches the vid nicely.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2015, 02:22:11 PM »

Thanks Will. Smiley
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 08:56:36 PM »

Exactly!  You are a master at soundtrack music wOO

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2015, 12:00:54 AM »

Exactly!  You are a master at soundtrack music wOO

Very kind of you to say-thanks!  Cool
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: