Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:49:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Out with the old...  (Read 5601 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: December 31, 2015, 09:30:10 PM »

Well here we are at the end of the year. It's not been such a good one. I was very sorry to see Oren's last message, and we hardly ever hear from James.
That makes me so sad.

I just hope that somehow 2016 will be brighter.

Anyway, a happy and sucessful new year to you all.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 10:13:36 PM »

Yes, yes, yes!

I'll not make any promises about next year (still 2015 here), but I will try to do some recording and posting.

And is annoying is that it gets easier every year to do this stuff. We'll all better (I hope) musicians; and the tech is so much better. Really no excuses. So, why isn't the site overflowing? Damned if I know.

So, lets all try to do more. And bring a friend!

Best to all of you in '16.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 08:26:08 AM »

Well ... best for the new year to all.
I am still around but find my time so restricted these days.
I will try to contribute more when I am able.

The biggest difference I am finding now, as things have progressed, is that I used to post stuff here that I needed help with whereas now I am finding more self sufficiency.
I suppose that is the price of progress.
Most of the music I do now is 'real instrument' based so, most often, the only help I need is for drums or extra vocals and, sadly, these are elements which I can't get here.
I could post finished songs, just for you to hear, but that often smacks to me like 'showing off' and I'm not really into that.
I have also decided to stop venturing into the KVR contests. The stuff over there has veered considerably away from what I like to hear. I entered this month for the first time in ages and when I listened through the entries, for voting, I actually could not find ten that I liked enough to vote for! Almost no 'songs' and the majority of the stuff was in style/genre which means nothing at all to me.  Huh
Maybe I'm just getting old  Lips Sealed

So ... if any of you great folks have stuff where you would like some instrument or vocal input I make myself available.

Once again .... best wishes to all. 

James.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 05:00:38 PM »

James, post all of your music here.  I for one really like to hear it.  I am always impressed with your arrangements and especially your picking techniques.

Life has been getting in the way here also and I have very little time for music right now.  Hopefully that will change in the near future.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 10:39:29 PM »

I too,took Oren's departure pretty hard and it was a shock,as I can't fathom it.Though things on K-M are only a fraction of what they were,I am very fortunate to have had my life outside of K-M...take a major turn for the better,which has made my song writing flourish,lately and I am glad to still have friends here to share music with.
My life in the last few months has been the happiest of my life and I wish you all the same happiness in this new year!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2016, 02:02:27 PM »

Thanks Mario.
Will do.
Thom ... I'm so glad to hear that things are picking up for you, buddy.
You been through a bad period. Let's hope you are coming out the other end.

Wink
James.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: