Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:24:14 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Singularity(Your Eyes)  (Read 11481 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 09, 2016, 10:42:37 PM »

This is yet another tune for my beloved Nicky....the only woman I've ever known,who can completely level me,with just her eyes.This woman invades my dreams,my daydreams and makes my life as I know it,one long dream.
It's as if "god" put an angel on earth,just for me and I cherish every second I'm with her.She is the ultimate compensation,for a past life...bereft of any hope and replete of loneliness and anguish.I am grateful for every tumultuous period in my life,as if I not gone through it,I would have never crossed paths with her.

The title of this song,was inspired by my lady's eyes,as to me,they have the gravity of a black hole,that draws me in,with no possibility of escape...

* Singularity(Your Eyes).mp3 (6982.12 KB - downloaded 333 times.)

* Nicky And Thom.jpg (801.07 KB, 1600x2100 - viewed 648 times.)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2016, 10:45:07 PM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 12:10:23 AM »

This is a really nice, well produced piece.

Don't know if you want (or need) critique ... but I'd suggest one thing: When writing (composing) try to keep one dominant theme. Seems to my ears (and they are not the best!) that you really have 2 or 3 different themes going on; almost like they could be 2 or 3 different songs. Now, you do hold them together by using great voicing choices, and that's a good thing. Most of the stuff I do is the "old fashioned" AABA style, so YMMV

But, despite my criticism, it's very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 01:26:17 AM »

This is a really nice, well produced piece.

Don't know if you want (or need) critique ... but I'd suggest one thing: When writing (composing) try to keep one dominant theme. Seems to my ears (and they are not the best!) that you really have 2 or 3 different themes going on; almost like they could be 2 or 3 different songs. Now, you do hold them together by using great voicing choices, and that's a good thing. Most of the stuff I do is the "old fashioned" AABA style, so YMMV

But, despite my criticism, it's very enjoyable.

Thanks for sharing.

Criticism is always welcomed and I understand your reason for it.However....I've done plenty of conventional tunes in the past,so I am just rolling with whatever comes to mind.I guess my recent compositions would fall under the category of experimental and I think such compositions keep things interesting(in terms of not being redundant.)

Thanks for your input and I appreciate the accolades! Smiley
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »

I think the real fault lies in "lazy listeners" which I am very much turning into.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2016, 07:56:54 PM »

Very much enjoyed this.
I've noticed many of your instumentals 'travel' through different ideas but mostly have a degree of linkage. I actually like that, and personally think this one keeps to the idea well Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2016, 08:08:26 PM »

Very much enjoyed this.
I've noticed many of your instumentals 'travel' through different ideas but mostly have a degree of linkage. I actually like that, and personally think this one keeps to the idea well Cool

Thanks for your kind feedback Will! Cheesy
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2016, 11:50:29 PM »

I don't think of your music as experimental.  I consider it either very light contemporary synth classic or new age.  Many different movements with smooth transitions.  You have been doing this with a excellent results for a number of years now.  This piece continues that trend.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 12:46:40 AM »

I don't think of your music as experimental.  I consider it either very light contemporary synth classic or new age.  Many different movements with smooth transitions.  You have been doing this with a excellent results for a number of years now.  This piece continues that trend.

Thank you Mario!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: