Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:32:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Deep Impact  (Read 3967 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: August 02, 2007, 07:32:20 PM »

Hello to all,

Thanks to the efforts of all who were kind enough to help,I am very pleased to contribute my first song to you all. Grin

This first track is called Deep Impact.The FreeRip3 took the liberty of naming it for me-don't know where they got the info from,or why,(I'll have to fix it later).

* 01-Track 1.mp3 (4134.83 KB - downloaded 331 times.)

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 07:43:12 PM »

The name is like this because it was the first track on your CD, look in the manual how you can change names of the song. Or just rename the song after it has been ripped.

But now about the song....
It is an interesting song, has good movement around a central theme and the different movements keeps it interesting which is very good for the listener attention.

My biggest comments would be on the bass (i play bass), it sound to quantizesed, realy you just can hear it is a machine playing. This doesn't realy work with a bassline like that.

Still I liked the idea of the song.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 07:56:08 PM »

Thanks for the comments Kara & I understand what you are saying about the bassline,but for me personally,it's more important to me that everything is tight & in sync.You being a bass player,I can appreciate your acute desire for realism,but then again,this is sort of a ambient/funk piece & an arpeggiated piano sound is not very realistic either.
I was not necessarily going for that much realism.
Of course,to each his own & I like the fact that your ears can decipher details like that. Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: