Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:53:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Free excellent 80-90's digital synths  (Read 4186 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: March 10, 2016, 01:34:11 AM »

If you need or want some great sounding 80-90's synth sounds like the M1 or D50 or Yamaha DS77 the this is a super deal:
http://www.uvi.net/en/vintage-corner/digital-synsations.html?utm_source=KVR&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FREEDS_KVR_0316

But only if you use the voucher code freeds then this $199 USD program is free! You will also need to need to DL the UVI Workstation and an ilock account but both of these are also free.  This comes in both 32 and 64 bit versions so it should work in BiaB/RB.

A word of warning the digital synsations DL is huge and takes a very long time to DL.  I have Internet speeds around 18 Mbps and it took almost 3 hours to DL.  The workstation and the iLock were extremely fast DLs.

Another work of warning registration, using the workstation and activation via iLock is a PITA.  But once everything is in place digital synsations does have some very nice vintage digital sounds.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2016, 03:55:23 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this.It's interesting...but for me personally,the Korg M1 sounds were awful & honestly,I was so glad to rid myself of my old M1.The other synths are interesting...but then,,,in my situation,there are a lot of brilliant sound designers for Reason and they do very convincing replications of classic synths.
Anyhow...at this point with my collection of synths,I need to focus more on natural acoustic sounds and I may consider the latest version of Kontakt....but I may just stick with my Propellerhead software for that purpose.
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 07:51:42 AM »

The 80th and 90th synths have a typicall sound to them. It's impossible to get these hardware synth in your studio for this price. Nice package if your looking for this types of sounds!

Moon
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: