Kara-Moon Forum
April 23, 2024, 06:06:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beyond KVR!  (Read 6448 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: May 02, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »

After posting my entry for last month, I carried on developing 'Ripples'. It now has a decent intro, and a few extra details and clean-ups, so here it is again Smiley

* Ripples.mp3 (4076 KB - downloaded 312 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 11:17:39 AM »

A lovely, relaxing tune with good choice of sounds! Just a personal preference: I'd like to hear the bass an octave lower than it is now, both to seperate it from the other lower mid melodies and to provide a smoother low end. Though it sounds pretty good as-is.

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:23:09 PM »

Thanks a lot Marc.
I tried lowering the bass as you suggested. A definite improvement! I also made it a bit more prominent. I hope i haven't overdone it!

* Ripples2.mp3 (4076.79 KB - downloaded 278 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2016, 09:57:09 PM »

Will this is absolutely fantastically beautiful wOO  I was transported into another realm where butterflies danced, the creeks slowly babbled and no damsel was in distress .

I like that octave lower bass, super suggestion Marc!

The older I get the better I was!
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2016, 09:40:07 AM »

Love it! The lower bass definitely creates a more rounded sound for the entire piece. Doesn't seem overdone to me. The transient in the bass also extends the lower octave bass into a range that can be heard in systems which don't have much of a bass extension so that's all good!

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2016, 07:39:43 PM »

Thanks again  Grin

I'd actually forgotten that that patch is velocity sensitive, so increasing the level meant that the louder notes have more of a 'twang'.

Doh! it's one of my own patches too Embarrassed

- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 07:57:56 AM »

I sometimes layer a bass with lots of smooth low end but little mid content with another one that has a more prominent mid. I then roll off the low frequencies of the latter to avoid phasing problems. It's not ideal but it does work when neither sound has all the aspects you want.

On the new album, I also played a bit of real bass guitar. My guitar/bass skills are however so low that I kept it to longer, held notes and combined it with up to two bass tracks like I described above.

Also known as Marc JXP
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2016, 02:14:53 PM »

A very chilled atmosphere...very peaceful. Cool The bass track mod is nice,but it also makes the timing errors more prominent,unfortunately. Undecided
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »

Thanks for your comments Thom - nice to see you on here again Smiley

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: