Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:01:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Turn the Page  (Read 5592 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: September 13, 2016, 11:35:02 PM »

Just for the fun of it!

BobH is singing and playing the acoustic guitar, Band-in-a-box is on the drums while I am playing everything else.

All takes are the first takes.  BobH laid down the original acoustic guitar first and you will notice a couple of rushed chords but as he came right back on tempo we decided to leave them.  After all we really can't post this anywhere else.  This is another quick and dirty put together.

We hope you like it.

* Turn The Page.mp3 (6156.18 KB - downloaded 259 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:53:36 AM »

This is just fine.

Of course, I have to give a couple of suggestions ... but that's what you wanted, isn't it Smiley

- I think the vocal has too much reverb (?) and is a bit (only a bit!) too loud.
 - I'd like the drums to be a bit louder (again, just a little).

Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 01:18:48 PM »

A really great Mark Knopfler-y track, this one. Absolutely love the guitar tones and the slap back echo on the vocals (which are excellent as well). My main issue is with the timing of the bass and the strumming which is a bit loose for my liking. Overall though great work.

And did I say I love the guitar tones? I REALLY love some of those sounds...

Also known as Marc JXP
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2016, 03:36:38 PM »

This is just fine.

Of course, I have to give a couple of suggestions ... but that's what you wanted, isn't it Smiley

- I think the vocal has too much reverb (?) and is a bit (only a bit!) too loud.
 - I'd like the drums to be a bit louder (again, just a little).

Thanks for sharing.

Thanx bvdp for listening and the comments.  We will try these suggestions as soon as BobH comes over again.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2016, 03:48:33 PM »

A really great Mark Knopfler-y track, this one. Absolutely love the guitar tones and the slap back echo on the vocals (which are excellent as well). My main issue is with the timing of the bass and the strumming which is a bit loose for my liking. Overall though great work.

And did I say I love the guitar tones? I REALLY love some of those sounds...

Thanx Marc for listening and the comments.  I agree that the bass and acoustic guitars are a bit sloppy but as this is the only place where I can post this I didn't take the time to correct them.  My bad!

Both the acoustic and slide guitars were recorded with a small turner pickup

https://www.walmart.com/ip/24276243?wmlspartner=wmtlabs&adid=22222222222018325605&veh=sem

in to Amplitube.  I was using a couple of Fender patches in Amplitube and I used an EQ to eliminate that Piezo spike you get with those pickups.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2016, 08:37:35 PM »

Really enjoyed this.
As for timing issues, I would't have noticed them if the others hadn't mentioned it.
... but then I am the expert on 'loose' timing Tongue

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2016, 01:04:05 PM »

Really enjoyed this.
As for timing issues, I would't have noticed them if the others hadn't mentioned it.
... but then I am the expert on 'loose' timing Tongue

Thanx Will.

If you are the expert on 'loose' timing then I must be a very close second!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: