Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:03:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Roll the Dice  (Read 13644 times)
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2017, 08:36:21 PM »

bvpd, here is one for you, slide rule transposition.

On one side have the chromatic scale written twice in a row. This is for the original key signature.

On the other the chromatic scale written once. This is for the new key signature.

Line up the original key to what you want as the transposed key signature.

Just remember that the root chord and any slashes must be transposed, i.e. G/B transposed to A/C#.

Everything else in the original chord stays the same, i.e. m7b5, Maj7 etc.

I used Excel to build this as the spacing between each scale note is identical.

This is a fast and easy way to transpose.

I can send you or anyone else this if needed.

You mean you can't do transposition on-the-fly, in your head?

Seriously, I know some folks who can do a pretty job at that playing piano. I have no idea how their brains work. Since I play sax and need everything transposed to play I re-type all my music into MUP which does a very good job of transposing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2017, 12:05:15 AM »

Will, and anyone else, here are the MIDI files for Roll the Dice.

But we have a problem with the audio.  I have 16 Flac files for you: Flac compressed more than Zip.  Unfortunately some are over 8Mb, thus I can not up load them here. What do you suggest?

* midi for Will.zip (96.89 KB - downloaded 255 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2017, 09:08:44 AM »

Hmmm.
I wonder if something like Dropbox would be the answer I've never used them myself so have no idea what that entails.
Soundcloud is another possibility, although it's not exactly what the site is intended for!
I'll have a look at the MIDI file over the weekend anyway.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2017, 04:06:34 PM »

Will, I have a DropBox account.  It is very easy to set up.  Just let me know if you want to go that route.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »

Sounds like a plan to me Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2017, 03:44:11 PM »

Will, or anyone else interested, I have uploaded the files to Dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97281321/Roll%20the%20Dice%20flacs.zip

Notice that I have zipped all of the Flacs into one DL.  Although this is a some what big file it will save you from DLing 16 different tracks.  Just DL, unzip the unflac (is that a word?) each file.

Let me know how this works or doesn't work out.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2017, 10:20:08 PM »

You mean you can't do transposition on-the-fly, in your head?

Seriously, I know some folks who can do a pretty job at that playing piano. I have no idea how their brains work. Since I play sax and need everything transposed to play I re-type all my music into MUP which does a very good job of transposing.

Sorry it took so long to respond but yes I can transpose on the fly IF the song is not to complicated.  I could never do it on a song like Roll the Dice.

Fortunately I can read music and I can jam and improvise on the fly so if I am having problems transposing a lead line I can just jam or improvise.  In other words fake it!

A true story.  Many years ago I was playing in a wedding band.  We were playing  the song Fascination with a Tenor doing the lead.  The key was Eb.  The lead player looked at me and said take it.  Well I really messed up the first run (it-was-fas-ci) so I tremolo picked the long notes (na-tion-I-know) (for those that know the song know what I am talking about). People started to laugh so I purposely blew all the runs and tremolo picked the long notes.  Everyone was laughing, including all in the band.   When we got done everyone was applauding.  On break many said "you are a really good guitarist.  I liked the way you purposely messed up that song but came back right on.  You gotta be good to do that".  If they only knew the truth!

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2017, 04:05:29 PM »

Will, or anyone else interested, I have uploaded the files to Dropbox.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97281321/Roll%20the%20Dice%20flacs.zip

Notice that I have zipped all of the Flacs into one DL.  Although this is a some what big file it will save you from DLing 16 different tracks.  Just DL, unzip the unflac (is that a word?) each file.

Let me know how this works or doesn't work out.
Got that. I'll have a play with it soon... ish. As well as the usual stuff, I've now just taken on restoring an old fireplace in my home - one I didn't know existed until I removed all the crap from in front of it - guess I'll never learn Roll Eyes

* Dining_02.JPG (637.22 KB, 1536x2048 - viewed 505 times.)

- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2017, 09:07:32 PM »

Will, it looks like you will have your hands full cleaning that up.  Does it still have a flue?  If so you will have to do something with it also, maybe block it off?  If it's open you may get some cold air down flows coming into your house.

Don't worry about the song.  If you get to it or not doesn't matter. 

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: