Kara-Moon Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:42:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This winter  (Read 8382 times)
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« on: February 11, 2017, 10:00:54 PM »

We have had more snow here in SE BC than I have ever seen in my entire life! Well, perhaps more when I went skiing ... but that was a choice. These storms we've had are not a choice. My wife has documented it a bit and I've put up a little gallery.

http://mellowood.ca/documents/photos/snow/index.html

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 09:34:24 AM »

Wow! That's some snow! The last time I saw anything approaching that in the UK was winter 1962/63. Hope you people are OK.

Over here, this year we've just had far more unsettled weather than usual - one day bright sunshine, the next heavy rain.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 03:59:04 PM »

We only have had snow like that once or twice over here.  We average  of around 100" (inches) (252 cm) but it is just an average.  Thus far this year we have had only about a total of 10" (25.4 cm) of snow at our home but a lot of rain.  We live close to Lake Ontario in New York State and our totals can be very different that our official total because of the lake.  Our official total thus far is around 70"  (178 cm) at the airport.  The airport is south of us and that makes a big difference as the further south you go the more snow you are probably going to get.  However there have been years where the opposite was true.  It totally depends on the Lake temperature and the wind flow.  We all own snow blowers here.

The older I get the better I was!
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 04:34:49 PM »

Guess when my snowblower decided it needed a spa day at the fix-it shop? Yup, right in the middle of all this!

100" / year. That's a lot more than we ever get. You are welcome to it Smiley

Fortunately we're all just fine. My neighbour plowed me out while the blower was in the shop. We've decided that certain areas of the property will not be kept clear this year. Spring will be here soon enough.

Best to all.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 10:56:04 PM »

Guess when my snowblower decided it needed a spa day at the fix-it shop? Yup, right in the middle of all this!

100" / year. That's a lot more than we ever get. You are welcome to it Smiley

Fortunately we're all just fine. My neighbour plowed me out while the blower was in the shop. We've decided that certain areas of the property will not be kept clear this year. Spring will be here soon enough.

Best to all.

I feel your pain.  Three years ago I bought a new snowblower.   On he seventh start the electrical start died.  I took me 5 weeks to get it back.  Luckily my nephew who lives a very short distance from me snow blowed by driveway for me.  I sold that snowblower the next summer.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 12:54:34 AM »

Actually this fellow has been very good to me. I think I've got about 12 winters out of it so far.

This time the problem was the gas cap wasn't venting. The fix-it guy says he replaced it and it runs fine now. You have no idea how much time I wasted trying to get this sucker to run properly! Oh well, guess that's why I'm a horn blower and not a mechanic Smiley

Daniel Pompougnac

There's a little wind, today...

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2017, 08:04:15 PM »

Nice pictures.  Smiley
Where I live, snow is just a dream...

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2017, 11:51:53 PM »

A town just 90 miles (145 Km) from us just registered their 25th foot (7.6 meters) of snow!  They say that they are shoveling out 2-3 times a day.  Not my idea of having fun.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2017, 12:41:30 AM »

25 feet? Oh my. No fun at all. I think I should stop bitching Smiley

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2017, 09:07:15 AM »

Hmmm. So far we've had about 1/4inch here... and that was over a week ago. I'll keep my head down Cheesy

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2017, 05:06:56 PM »

We live in the southern part of BC (almost on the US/Canada border). As I mentioned in the original post, we've had a ton of snow! But, I was talking to my daughter last night on the phone and she was complaining. This was the year she and her husband go shiny new snowmobiles ... and they have so little snow this year that they have hardly been able to use them. She lives in MacKenzie, BC. It's normally like the North Pole there.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2017, 08:19:08 AM »

Nice pictures.  Smiley
Where I live, snow is just a dream...

Hi Daniel. Nice to see you still drop in from time to time. Cheesy

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: