Kara-Moon Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:06:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Bird Stopped Singing  (Read 5363 times)
shrikant

« on: April 04, 2017, 09:00:38 AM »

An Indian classical singer passed away yesterday (3rd April 2017). Shunning all publicity she led a reclusive life. Highly respected, versatile singer. On hearing the news, tried to give musical expression to some of my feelings. Dare not call it a tribute. Did the track in about an hours time.   

* Kishori Amonkar.mp3 (2768.63 KB - downloaded 256 times.)
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2017, 05:15:09 PM »

I don't pretend to understand "eastern" music at all. I wish I did ... it would greatly enhance my enjoyment of the genre.

This was very pleasant to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
shrikant

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 01:41:45 PM »

I don't pretend to understand "eastern" music at all. I wish I did ... it would greatly enhance my enjoyment of the genre.

This was very pleasant to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks bvdp for the response. Happy that you liked it. It transcended the cultural barriers and reached you in a pleasant way. For me that is a big reward.I come to this place just for that. Cultural difference will always remain. If something gives you happiness, it is yours. Thanks once again.  Grin
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 05:56:53 PM »

I enjoyed this very much.  The first and last sections were really good.  The middle was a little choppy but was still a pleasure listen: maybe that is the culture thing.

Please keep educating me on "eastern" music wOO

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2017, 10:12:38 PM »

I really enjoyed this. I think it's the richest and most melodic tune I've heard from you - whilst retaining the Indian flavour.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
shrikant

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 05:51:41 AM »

Thanks MarioD and folderol for the response. Words from you and other friends here, has always given me lot of courage to do my kind of music. I do not consider myself knowledgeable enough to talk about eastern music. I feel very happy when someone likes my work and tells me. I will also try to understand my weakness whenever someone points out that. Thanks once again    Grin
shrikant
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: