Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:33:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New 87PM album: Sky Surface!  (Read 16491 times)
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: June 19, 2017, 09:40:52 AM »

Hi everyone! Percy and I are very proud to present to you our third album - Sky Surface   wOO . As of now it's on CD Baby, iTunes and most other digital music services and streaming services:

http://cdbaby.com/cd/87pm3

This one has us trying to go a little bit prog with tempo changes to 5/4 and such in some songs. It also has two songs with lyrics, like Earth Summit.

This one has taken way longer than expected: 5 years, which is mostly due to the last two years which involved learning to master, realising I needed better monitor speakers, relistening, realising that we needed new mixes and then the joy of trying to find a mastering setting so that it sounded good on different systems which was also a bit maddening... Smiley

Anyway - on to album 4, which will probably have a darker, more electronic sound.

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2017, 05:16:22 PM »

Just had a quick listen to some of the clips. Very nice work indeed - still carries your 'signature' Grin
Hope it does well.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 08:54:21 AM »

Thank you! Well - that signature we probably can't ever get rid of Smiley , but hopefully we did manage to add some new aspects to it... Rhytmically it was certainly different: like I said we had some 5/4 bits in it but also Percy played some live drums over some of the programmed drum tracks which I do think livens it up a bit.

Also known as Marc JXP
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: