Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:52:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The Space Cadet  (Read 4681 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: June 29, 2017, 01:06:29 AM »

This little ditty was inspired by the demo of AAS's Ultra Analog VA2 that I played with today.I discovered AAS's half price summer sale and thought I should check it out.
The title of the tune,comes from the preset that launched this piece.
It's a fun little synth with a wonderfully simple GUI...but doesn't quite offer anything that I don't already have.All of these specials going on,have gotten me into enough trouble as it is! Shocked

* The Space Cadet.mp3 (6716.41 KB - downloaded 247 times.)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 01:09:19 AM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:12:27 PM »

Don't know this synth at all, but it sounds very capable.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:09:51 PM »

Don't know this synth at all, but it sounds very capable.

It is indeed,capable...& the sale price is very tempting,but then I will be tempted and sucked into all of the additional sound libraries for it,which could get pricey! Shocked Grin
The simplicity of use is really appealing though and it does have that wonderful classic hardware rompler interface to it!I've been on the fence about getting it,but I am unsure if the cost of the other sound libraries for it are worth it?I'll have to investigate it more.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:15:43 PM »

I have this synth and it is a good one!  Thom  buy a sound library or two then wait.  At least once a year I get an email entitling me to get a free sound library of my choice.  I have picked up a number of them this way.  Also they will have big sales on their sound libraries from time to time.

Another winner here Thom.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 03:30:28 PM »

I have this synth and it is a good one!  Thom  buy a sound library or two then wait.  At least once a year I get an email entitling me to get a free sound library of my choice.  I have picked up a number of them this way.  Also they will have big sales on their sound libraries from time to time.

Another winner here Thom.

If memory serves,the sale on Ultra VA-2 lasts until September,so I will definitely buy it & the libraries at some point,during the sales event. Incidentally,I also checked out the Tassman 4 and woah,what a train-wreck that program is!  Tongue The GUI window is huge,but the graphics are poor and the text is barely legible and I use a 32" monitor! Shocked I really don't like that you have to use the scrolling side bars,just to see everything.Also...the manner in which you browse through the presets is horrible(as you have to access the folders on the left and double click on each preset...really??If all that wasn't bad enough,the overall preset quality(for the most part)..was uninspiring....yikes! Roll Eyes

Thanks for commenting. Cheesy
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: