Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:14:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: August KVR  (Read 4021 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: August 21, 2017, 06:50:00 PM »

Not really very pleased with this. It seems my fingers are getting stiffer and less accurate over time:(
Still it is what it is, and I was determined to play and record this real-time in a single pass (hence no MIDI file to tinker with and 'improve'). So, I hope you enjoy:
Reflections unplugged

* Reflections.mp3 (2525.41 KB - downloaded 221 times.)
* Reflections.ogg (3653.23 KB - downloaded 211 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2017, 01:49:49 PM »

I myself, never set out to be a live virtuoso...as I was more into the writing and the creative aspect of song writing.I have, however, always made an effort to sound as natural as possible in my quantizing(when the genre of music called for it.)
I would only quantize what needed to be quantized and of course,certain tracks must be left natural,such as solos.As for becoming stiff,that happens when you do not play regularly and quite possibly...performance anxiety is a contributing factor.

The composition of this tune is very pretty,but may I suggest that you at least quantize at least one of your tracks?This would probably make your performance easier,when you are playing along with a track that has good timing.
I think that when you add delay to a track,it is especially critical,to ensure the timing is good,so the performance matches the timing of the delay.I know that certain individuals are adamantly dedicated to going completely natural,but I remember something my music theory teacher taught me in high school,which is that...without rhythm,there is no music.
Ironically enough though,that teacher had terrible rhythm! Grin
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 02:44:41 PM »

Thanks for your comments Thom. However there is a problem. There is only one track. I was playing two-handed on a 61 note keyboard, with the lower half going to one synth voice and the upper half to a different one. The whole thing was recorded live by Audacity as I was playing.

This was twofold decision. In the first place I thought I was (at last) up to playing and recording the way I had to many years ago. Secondly It's part of this month's KVR theme. Incidentally looking at the lack of submissions so far, I think that scared a lot of people off Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 08:17:31 PM »

Will this is fantastic, especially considering that it was a live performance  wOO

Personally I would change a thing.

I can certainly relate to stiff fingers!  If you as unlucky as I am as you get older you not only get still fingers but arthritis and gout as well!

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 04:44:19 PM »

Thanks Mario, much appreciated Smiley

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: