Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 09:31:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Snowflake  (Read 7212 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: September 22, 2017, 12:32:36 AM »

JonD came over about a month or so and stated the snow will be here soon.  We came up with this chord progression and called it Snowflake.

Band-in-a-Box is playing the drums, bass and piano.  I am playing everything else using my MIDI keyboard controller, guitar controller, and/or my guitar controller.  I did some editing and writing of some parts.

What do you think?

https://soundcloud.com/mario_guitar/snowflake

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:25 PM »

Good tune and collab. Only thing I'm not so keen on is the horn sound. The playing is fine, just the sound itself seems a bit too dull.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 10:59:22 PM »

Thanx Will for listening and your observations. I will check into the dull sound.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 11:09:45 PM »

Maybe it's just the way music is created these days ... but it sounds like it's all about the background/chords and not the melody.

If I were doing this, I'd put the melody parts out front more. And, like foldero said, the horn sounds are "dull".

And, while I'm going on and on ... I would suggest that you stick with a limited number of melody voicings. I find it jumps back and forth between various horn and strings sounds a bit too much. More like a synth ad than a lovely piece of music.

But, I do have to say "WELL DONE". It's a nice piece and easy to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 04:08:19 PM »

Maybe it's just the way music is created these days ... but it sounds like it's all about the background/chords and not the melody.

If I were doing this, I'd put the melody parts out front more. And, like foldero said, the horn sounds are "dull".

And, while I'm going on and on ... I would suggest that you stick with a limited number of melody voicings. I find it jumps back and forth between various horn and strings sounds a bit too much. More like a synth ad than a lovely piece of music.

But, I do have to say "WELL DONE". It's a nice piece and easy to listen to. Thanks for sharing.

Thanx bvdp for those insites.  After listening again after reading this I think you are correct on all accounts. I never thought about the "synth add" remark but you are right.

Thanx for bring these to my attention as I will work on them in future songs.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 05:52:59 PM »

<BLUSH> ... I think I could have been a schoolmarm if I'd been born 100 years earlier, were a female and had a bun to put in my hair Smiley

Seriously, isn't it great that we have this internet-thingie where we can share, get opinions, ideas and improve.

Now, I really need to get my recording stuff out and do just that!

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: