Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:35:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music as pictures  (Read 18084 times)
Bhrun

« on: December 25, 2017, 04:33:18 PM »

Dear Kara-Moon members,

For this first post, I will introduce myself in the same topic as my first submission of music, for the simple reasons that, first of all i have very little to say about myself, and secondly i will find it more logical to present my music in the same post; I apologize in advance if this is not the usual practice on this forum.

I am doing my music on Garage Band; i usually don't refine my music, for i regard music as a instantaneous picture of an emotion, and i noticed that it usually looses strength when refined; i therefore prefer to leave mistakes, trivialities and fastidious repetitions the way they are; rigorous musicians will probably find it unlistenable; in some sense it is, and this the way i like it to be. For those who are interested in it, here is my Youtube channel for more music : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04NZrDTkUCc

I will make three posts within this topic, one music for each post.

Project B has been composed thinking about the "Bateau Ivre" of Arthur Rimbaud.

Wishing a Merry Christmas,
Bhrun.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:39:30 PM by Bhrun » Logged
Bhrun

« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 04:35:09 PM »

Project C.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:39:40 PM by Bhrun » Logged
Bhrun

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 04:35:35 PM »

Project D.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:39:53 PM by Bhrun » Logged
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 07:41:50 PM »

Hi,
Welcome to Kara-Moon.
I've just had a quick listen to project B. It's quite unusual, but nevertheless interesting.
I'll listen to the others soon.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Bhrun

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 10:46:27 AM »

Hi,
Welcome to Kara-Moon.
I've just had a quick listen to project B. It's quite unusual, but nevertheless interesting.
I'll listen to the others soon.

Hi folderol, thank you for listening. I just realized that nobody posted a topic since 2015; i don't know if my music can be classified in "classical" but i found it the most natural place.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 07:53:21 PM »

The whole of KM is a bit slow these days Sad
Mind you, that's probably partly due to the time of year.

We were never too fussy as to where posts are placed so I'd say this is fine here (I did quite like the other two)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2017, 12:43:07 AM »

Very interesting pieces of music.  I wouldn't call it classical.  I would call it avant garde jazz.  YMMV

Whatever you call it it was very interesting.  Are you the pianist?  If so great job on that.

Lately things are very slow around here while normally it is only slow.  There are four main contributors, me, Folderol, James and Thom.  We all would like to see more posting here so it is great to hear someone new's music.
Keep posting your songs!

The older I get the better I was!
Bhrun

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2018, 12:30:49 PM »

Very interesting pieces of music.  I wouldn't call it classical.  I would call it avant garde jazz.  YMMV

Whatever you call it it was very interesting.  Are you the pianist?  If so great job on that.

Lately things are very slow around here while normally it is only slow.  There are four main contributors, me, Folderol, James and Thom.  We all would like to see more posting here so it is great to hear someone new's music.
Keep posting your songs!

Dear MarioD, thank you for your post, i am glad you found it interesting. Everything is done on Garage Band, and i am not a pianist. Actually i have very little musical knowledge, i am just playing with the software Smiley
Bhrun

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2018, 12:39:46 PM »

Here is another project attached (this one, contrary to all others, was made on FL Studio).
« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:40:09 PM by Bhrun » Logged
Bhrun

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2018, 12:54:25 PM »

Another project (on Garage Band).

« Last Edit: September 19, 2018, 02:40:20 PM by Bhrun » Logged
Bhrun

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2018, 02:10:58 PM »

Since the size of songs is limited on the forum, i can only post small projects; longer ones are on my Youtube channel; but i think i have put a lot of music on the forum already.

Here is an example : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF7X96Cvp1w

There are many other shorts pieces on my chain, like this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQoFXsQOJlE

Here is a less crazy music, compared to the weird things i usually like to do; exceptionally also, this is a piece i refined quite a lot, at least, as much as i could according to my very limited knowledge in the use of the software : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59njrGtakwI
« Last Edit: January 08, 2018, 09:58:40 PM by Bhrun » Logged
Bhrun

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2018, 10:05:50 AM »

By the way, i am searching for people to adapt and play my music, on whatever instrument (though i think the piano is the most adapted). I would only ask the work to be done seriously and that the music must be put on a partition (which i am unable to do) - that is, i don't want the music to owe its strength to the sound. That is, someone to make it listenable by re-writing it, removing superfetatory notes, correcting misplaced notes, wrong tonalities, removing repetition, and if desired, add his own developments and own creativity.

There are a large number of fastidious repetitions due to the technic i am using for composing (copy-pasting sequences -> overlaps -> cleaning overlaps to make news themes emerge by keeping roughly the same density of notes). There are also large number of trivialities that i did not clean out. If someone is interested, please contact me in private message for discussing it.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 01:41:56 PM by Bhrun » Logged
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2018, 09:48:09 PM »

Bhrun, you should post these on separate threads.  I usually only go to listen once then don't go to that thread again.  If was just by happen chance that I came across this thread again.  I don't have time to listen right now but I will try to listen late.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: