Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:25:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yo  (Read 10815 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

Yo
« on: October 14, 2017, 06:58:09 PM »

For about last three months I have had a pinched nerve that caused my fretting hand's little finger to go numb and totally useless.  Thus my guitar playing has been to a bare minimum.  It just started to get better so I played this jam.  I wasn't going to post it but a couple of friends said that I should so here is that jam.

I hope you like it for what it is.

https://soundcloud.com/mario_guitar/yo-1

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2017, 06:58:57 PM »

Oh I do like this. Highly original. Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2017, 09:26:34 PM »

Yup (How else do you respond to YO?).

I like it. Nice and relaxing. Just the right number of dissonant notes. You keep the same sense/feeling for the entire piece.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a real band doing backup? I long for that all the time. But we can't have it all, can we?

Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 05:31:29 PM »

Thanx Will!

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 05:38:18 PM »

Bvdp, Thanx for the kind words.

I played in wedding bands for years and we had to play what the audience wanted if we wanted to keep having gigs.  We had more gigs then we could play.  Now I sit home and play what I want when I want with the computer backing me up and I love it!

On Sundays I do have a friend, BobH, who comes over and we jam.  Sometimes we record our music.  Another friend, JonD, moved 4 house down the street and he occasionally comes over.  We record mostly jazz, blues and new age music.  Thus I do have some jamming going on but the majority of even that music is me and my instruments and computer.

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 11:16:37 PM »

Mario,

I love the concept and ideas that went into this tune...very chill and uber-cool! 8)There were periodic segments throughout the song,where the bass line didn't seem to jive with the guitar melodies,as well as portions of the drum track that just meandered & didn't fit the rest of the tracks.

I realize it was just a jam,but if you would be receptive to it,I would really like the opportunity to collab with you on this and polish it into a complete and polished tune.

There is a really stout and inspiring vibe to this tune and I'd love to expand on it...what do you think?
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2017, 03:41:56 PM »

No problem Thom.  I'll assume that you need the individual tracks.  It may take me some time to get these ready as my plate is really full right now but I promise that I will get them.  Just let me know where you want them?  Dropbox?  Email? Or something else?

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2017, 04:02:39 PM »

No problem Thom.  I'll assume that you need the individual tracks.  It may take me some time to get these ready as my plate is really full right now but I promise that I will get them.  Just let me know where you want them?  Dropbox?  Email? Or something else?

Yes...individual tracks in WAV format via DropBox would be ideal.Don't worry about the time frame(as I got a lot going on,on my end anyway.)Whenever you can get to it,is fine.

It will be really good to jam with your tuneage again,my friend....looking forward to it...thanks! Cool
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2017, 04:23:17 PM »

Mario,

I've been picking away at this tune here & there,when I've had some free time(work has been exhausting.)Got through about half of the tune,but could not find a way to complete the latter half,in a way that made sense to me.

I hate leaving projects unfinished,but perhaps this could be a group effort(should anyone be interested in filling in the rest.)

Thanks for letting me fidget with your material....hope you like this rough draft.

* Yo(draft).mp3 (5522.53 KB - downloaded 233 times.)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 04:27:40 PM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2017, 03:16:59 PM »

Sounds really good Thom, I like what you did here.  IMHO the only thing that needs work is the ending.  Just smooth that out a bit and it would be finished.  That is just my opinion and your and others may not agree.

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2017, 08:28:59 PM »

Sounds really good Thom, I like what you did here.  IMHO the only thing that needs work is the ending.  Just smooth that out a bit and it would be finished.  That is just my opinion and your and others may not agree.

Thanks Mario.The length of this is only about half of what your original was,which is why I had trouble with it.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 03:43:03 PM »

Only just had a chance to listen to this. I think my only comment has already been covered. Roll Eyes
Good overall anyway.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: