Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 07:19:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Springtime Waltz  (Read 8259 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: April 10, 2018, 10:58:10 PM »

The snow is melting, the grass in turning green, and the flowers and trees are budding so spring is arriving.  JonD and I tried to get that feeling in this song.

We hope you like it.

You can hear it here:

https://soundcloud.com/mario_guitar/springtime-waltz

The older I get the better I was!
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2018, 12:44:23 AM »

I started to listen to this one, but (sorry) I couldn't get beyond about a minute. Seems to me that the melody is out of sync (like a few millisecs after the beat). Could be that is the effect you want ...

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2018, 05:31:26 PM »

I'm afraid I get the same impression. A real shame Sad

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2018, 06:54:38 PM »

Somewhere in this confluence of chaos,is a good melody.As it is though,it sounds like having 3 portable radios that are all tuned into different radio stations.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2018, 08:06:45 PM »

bvdp and Will, I had a very soft attack setting on the French horn.  It sounds like it was too soft.

Thom I don't get your "it sounds like having 3 portable radios that are all tuned into different radio stations" statement.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2018, 08:32:17 PM »

I'm afraid I get the same impression. A real shame Sad

Thanks for this ... for a moment I thought it was me who was losing his sanity Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2018, 09:03:34 PM »

bvdp and Will, I had a very soft attack setting on the French horn.  It sounds like it was too soft.
A trick I've learned with very slow/soft attack instrument sounds is to very slightly advance them in the track. My DAW has a 'nudge' control for just this purpose, and I'll click on it a few times until the timing sounds 'right' - no matter what it looks like Wink

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 12:52:18 AM »

Thom I don't get your "it sounds like having 3 portable radios that are all tuned into different radio stations" statement.

I meant that nothing in this tune gels together.The drum track feels as though it was taken from an entirely different tune and thrown in this one.Every track in this tune is out of sync with one another and most of the tracks don't harmonize much.Sorry to be so harsh,but that's my honest take on it.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 12:04:32 AM »

I meant that nothing in this tune gels together.The drum track feels as though it was taken from an entirely different tune and thrown in this one.Every track in this tune is out of sync with one another and most of the tracks don't harmonize much.Sorry to be so harsh,but that's my honest take on it.

You were not harsh.  Now I know what you were thinking.  When I put a song out there I know some will not like it but with constructive criticism like I received here I can hopefully improve.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: