Kara-Moon Forum
April 20, 2024, 06:49:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Yesteryear  (Read 3115 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 27, 2018, 12:12:07 AM »

This takes us back to the days when the piano played the lead while the guitarist strummed softly in the background.

JonD is playing the piano, I am playing the guitar, and Band-in-a-Box is playing the drums and bass.

* Yesteryear.mp3 (5007.6 KB - downloaded 211 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2018, 02:30:05 AM »

This is lovely ... just need a little umbrella for my drink Smiley

But, you should try without BiaB ... just piano & guitar would be equally as nice!

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2018, 06:54:07 AM »

Very nice work. Well played.
Small suggestion:
In the earlier part, backing strum up a sniff and percussion down a bit. It seems much better balanced later on.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 05:48:44 PM »

Wow....I'm overwhelmed...this is a beautiful production in every respect!I love the room ambiance of the piano and the guitar tracks are such an amazing compliment to all of the other tracks!
You've done amazing work with BIAB...in fact,you should be the spokesman for BIAB(as this is the nicest sounding recording you have ever done....I really felt like there was an entire band in my studio!

I thought a lot about getting BIAB for myself,but since I do not read music...it would probably be very problematic for me.When I had NI's Scarbee Funk Guitarist,I had a lot of trouble with it.
If I just began a song by just picking a random riff,I could just use my ears to create an entire song based on any given loop....but if I first created a song without the program and tried to insert those loops into my song,I was completely lost,because I didn't know what key to choose.

BIAB is very reasonably price though and would be ideal if I read sheet music...but since I am 49 and since I am not in a cover band,I see no use in learning sheet music at this stage of my life.

I think an arranger keyboard would be the best thing for me,because it's just plug & play,with no fussing at all.At this point,I am desperate for a source of inspiration to write and I got my eye on the Yamaha PSR-S670.  Cool
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 08:43:43 PM »

Because I wrote it ... have a look at MMA: www.mellowood.ca/mma.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: