Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:49:42 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall is Over  (Read 3991 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: November 17, 2018, 08:04:36 PM »

The leaves are falling and it is snowing.  Fall is ending here.

This is a quick and dirty that I had fun with.  I hope you like it for what it is.

* Fall is Ending.mp3 (4782.91 KB - downloaded 233 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 02:19:46 AM »

Love the backing tracks in this one...smooth..warm...a bit melancholy and very chill-b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l!I also love how your guitar sits in the mix(of which by the way,sounds excellent...a very vibrant and wide stereo field.)
5 stars across the board,my ax-wielding friend!  Cool
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 07:04:01 PM »

This is a real smoothie. very much enjoying it. In fact, I feel a rewind coming on Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 09:49:05 PM »

I enjoyed this very much. Smooth and melancholy. Only negative I'd have is that around the 2 minute mark I thought it sounded like you were losing your way a little bit and never quite found the map. But, I'm getting niggly Smiley

Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2018, 09:16:35 PM »

Thanx all for the very nice comments.

Bvdp, maybe I was getting a little lost there.  I don't remember.  When it comes to my guitar or bass playing I usually go with the first take, even if it contains a few warts.  I think there is a lot more emotion in the first take then in succeeding takes.  YMMV.

bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 10:20:09 PM »

Yeah, know exactly what you are saying Smiley Quite often associates will say "I really liked what you did in xxx-yyy section". And, honestly, I have absolutely no idea what I did. My only savior is that I use lead sheets when I play and follow them (too much). But, that way, I can meander my way back to a semblance of the melody Smiley

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 11:25:41 PM »

Yeah, know exactly what you are saying Smiley Quite often associates will say "I really liked what you did in xxx-yyy section". And, honestly, I have absolutely no idea what I did. My only savior is that I use lead sheets when I play and follow them (too much). But, that way, I can meander my way back to a semblance of the melody Smiley

I hear you loud and clear Smiley  Many times I have meandered, or as I like to say used improvisation, to get back to the melody. If one learns both how to do that and that heaven is one half step away from that bad note they just played they can jam with anyone.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: