Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:40:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: IT'S TOO QUITE HERE  (Read 3940 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: February 12, 2019, 03:17:34 PM »

It is way too quite here so I thought that I would post this.  It is just me practicing site reading and jamming.  I used to do this all of the time but lately I haven't been so I thought that I would try it and see what happens.

This is just a jam with me on guitar and Band-in-a-Box doing all of the backing tracks.

* Daydream.mp3 (3931.88 KB - downloaded 225 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2019, 04:02:03 PM »

Smiley
What more can I say.
Except maybe Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2019, 04:57:57 PM »

Thanx Will!

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2019, 06:46:08 PM »

It is way too quite here so I thought that I would post this.  It is just me practicing site reading and jamming.  I used to do this all of the time but lately I haven't been so I thought that I would try it and see what happens.

This is just a jam with me on guitar and Band-in-a-Box doing all of the backing tracks.

Perhaps you meant to say that it's quite quiet,here? Grin Well...you broke radio silence quite nicely.I haven't been writing anything in months,partly to do my audio interface burning out on me and I had sold my old midi controller keyboard to obtain a new and improved one.I also had one of my PC's crap out on me and the other one is on the fritz....so I bought two new ones and have been in the process of re-downloading and transferring software.
The problem has been though....that every time I sit down with my new gear to write,I keep drawing blanks.I'll never be as prolific as I was 10 years ago....but then,so much has changed in that time and not for the better.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2019, 08:20:29 PM »

Tom, great catch on that typo!  Old age dyslexia strikes again!

Sorry to hear about all of your problems.  Do you have an electrical problem that took out all of your equipment?  You might want to consider an Uninterrupted Power Supply if you don't already have one. I have one that is large enough to cover my two computers, all the peripherals and all of my music hardware and it only costs $100. A small price to pay for electrical protection.

PS - brown outs can cause more damage than spikes and a UPS eliminates that potential problem as well as spikes.

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 02:02:05 AM »

Tom, great catch on that typo!  Old age dyslexia strikes again!

Sorry to hear about all of your problems.  Do you have an electrical problem that took out all of your equipment?  You might want to consider an Uninterrupted Power Supply if you don't already have one. I have one that is large enough to cover my two computers, all the peripherals and all of my music hardware and it only costs $100. A small price to pay for electrical protection.

PS - brown outs can cause more damage than spikes and a UPS eliminates that potential problem as well as spikes.

Well....some years back,my building has experienced somewhat routine interruptions(due to a faulty electrical box outside the bldg....so perhaps.this may have contributed to my issues,as it were.)Actually though,my one computer that crapped out...well...I had bought it from Fingerhut and I strongly suspect that the source of their product supply,is refurbished electronics.It was a Gateway PC(an Acer product) and as I had found out,Acer is notorious for manufacturing defective crap.In fact...not long after I bought it,the computer would routinely crash and re-boot itself whenever I powered up,but once it rebooted,it would run fine.
My other older PC,a HP Pavillion,is still functional....but it will not boot up,until I unplug it and then once I plug it back in,it will boot up{I figure it's only a matter of time,before it kicks the bucket.Both of those PC's are several years old,so it was time for me to upgrade anyway.
For my main set up,I bought a HP Pavillion Gaming PC(Ryzen 5,1 TB HD,128GB SSD,3.6 Ghz)...for only $599! I don't do any gaming on it,but wanted the video card upgrade for video editing.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 02:04:16 AM by elwoodblues91 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: