Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:52:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Plectrum sequence definitions  (Read 2258 times)
sciurius

« on: November 26, 2019, 08:14:07 PM »

From the docs:

Defining a Pattern
A unique label to identify the pattern. This is case-insensitive. Note that the same label names can be used in different tracks...

Being able to 'share' sequence definitions between tracks is only theoretically useful since a sequence pattern can have differing formats. For example:

Drum     Define DS2 1 0 100
Plectrum Define PS2  1 +5 60 70 60 60 80 60
Chord    Define DC2 2-81+4 82 90

I would not mind the sequence definitions to be track-specific (e.g. Drum, Drum-*) instead of global.
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 09:08:50 PM »

The idea is that you can define a pattern definition, ie

Drum define FOO

and then use that in multiple tracks. So, we can use FOO in the DRUM-AA, DRUM-BB, etc. tracks. I'm not sure why you'd want to have a different "FOO" for DRUM-AA and DRUM-BB? If you think that is going to be useful, would the alternate of defining a pattern in the sequence itself (ie Arpeggio Sequence { 1 1 100 * 8 } { 1 1 80 * 4 } ) not be more clear? That way you are not restricting to using the DEFINEd sequences.

Further, I'm seeing real problems with doing something like:

Drum Define FOO ...
and then
    Drum-Main Define FOO ..

and having a user keep track of the differences. At least the way it is, FOO (in context of drum tracks) will always be the same.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
sciurius

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 09:35:54 AM »

I think I misunderstood my test program. Sequence definitions are already specific to the track types.

I withdraw this thread. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: