Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:08:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Does mma and ys2mma work only with upper-case file & pathnames ?  (Read 1994 times)
falcon74

« on: December 06, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »

Ran into a tiny bit of issue (easily work around though), so thought of checking. It appears that both MMA itself and ys2mma tool convert all filenames to upper-case by default, at least while searching or trying to load any *.mma file. Is that true ?

OTOH, I could be wrong as I am trying to hit the ground running with MMA, not having read much of the Reference Manual, and instead trying to see examples only, read about things that I do not understand at all and experimenting a bit. Sorry about being both lazy and impatient. I tried several things to load a Yamaha PSR550 style (10-Guitar-Pop.sty) converted into a Groove, into a simple Song. I eventually got it to work, but only after I changed the filename of the generated mma to something like 10-GUITAR-POP.mma, and referring to each Groove in the fullyqualified manner, like "10-GUITAR-POP.mma:Intro1", "10-GUITAR-POP.mma:MainA" etc. In camel-case, it didn't work.
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 04:32:10 PM »

filenames are completely platform dependent. On linux (and sometimes mac) this means that Foo and FOO and foo are different files.

Tracks (and just about everything else internal) in MMA is case insensitive.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: