Kara-Moon Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:13:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Song for a friend.  (Read 2297 times)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 28, 2020, 02:12:22 PM »

An old friend has decided to change her life.
Her husband died a few years back and her family have moved away leaving her alone in a big house.
She has now taken the massive decision (at age 70) to sell up and make huge changes.
With a son in Canada and daughter in Ireland she has bought an apartment in Toronto and a static trailer-home on a holiday park in Cumbria and will be spending 6 months of the year at each.
This has led to her disposing of most of her possessions. One of these was a very fine guitar which she has gifted to me.
The least I could do was to write her a song using this guitar.
For the video I drafted in drummer Pete (Kentucky, USA) and bassist JeanLui (Cordoba, Spain) to flesh things out.
https://youtu.be/MufWofS6v-Q

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2020, 07:44:20 PM »

James that was great and IMHO your best to date.  That is a very sweet sounding guitar and you made it talk!
Super arrangement with a fascinating video.  Your vocal was very strong on this also.

Great work James.

The older I get the better I was!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2020, 09:24:41 PM »

Thanks Mario.
It's not often I write lyrics these days but there was a special reason with this one.
Appreciate your comments.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2020, 09:30:01 PM »

Nice to see you back with another song - and one of your own too. Good work Cool

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: