Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:39:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: An 'Embuggerance'  (Read 2259 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: March 19, 2020, 08:24:50 PM »

... as Terry Pratchett would have said. I am, of course, referring to the current nasty going right round the world.

Hope everyone is OK. Fingers (and just about everything else) cross for you all.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »

So far so good here.  We have a daughter whom works in a pharmacy and a son whom works the counter of an auto and sporting good store.  They shower as soon as they get home and we wipe down everything they touch prior to the shower.  We hope that works.

Everyone please be safe.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »

Though this is the most unsettled I've ever been over the flu....I am more worried about you guys,due to your ages.Since we're on new ground with this unique virus...there's so much(what seems to be)...conflicting information.Some people as old as 103,have survived the infection, whereas teenagers have died from this disease.As time passes,new info replaces what info we thought was accurate,but ultimately,we are just scrambling to get a foothold on just what exactly we are dealing with and whatr is yet to come.
While there is a vaccine in place,it will be 12 to 18 months,before it is available for use.It's interesting how some countries are devested by this pandemic,whereas others,have no cases to report at all.What is most disturbing,is how reckless & haphazard both China & The U.S. have been,about this virus.
Currently....my apt. bldg. has been on "lockdown"...wherein we were advised not to have any visitors in our building and that we should all "quarantine" ourselves for the next few weeks or so.Yesterday,the management in our building, provided each tenant a single roll of toilet paper(which is the first new roll of bathroom tissue I have seen in the last 3 months.
It's abhorrently disgusting,how selfish people can be,in a crisis(such as wiping out all the stores of food & other essentials)...as well as a lot of Millenials not taking this crisis seriously & going about their business as usual.Martial law has been instituted in N.J. and rightly so,as there are 1,844 reported cases of infection and I have not set foot out of my apt. in 4 days.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 01:37:04 PM »

We're steadily getting more locked down here. As Thom said, it's incredible the degree of selfishness and arrogance of some people.
Recently we had a major moorland fire to the North of the country, caused by large groups of people having barbecues. Not only was that against the government  restriction on groups of people, but also in breach of the long-standing regulation for no on the moors at any time because of the fire risk.!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: