Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:27:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry folks ... another vid.  (Read 2731 times)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: July 26, 2020, 08:12:29 PM »

On a bit of a roll with the videos right now, it would seem.
There's bit of a mixed tale behind this one.
One is to do with particular instruments and the other is for a person.
The person is a very old friend who moved away so I feel obliged, from time to time, to send her stuff to keep the homesickness at bay.
Quite some years ago she and her (now late) husband bought a plot of land and had their home built purposely to have a vantage point where they could get a full time view, from the kitchen window, of this particular hill in the English Lake District.
Blencathra also know as saddleback. This was the inspiration behind the composition.
Now. The instruments.
A few years back I happened to pick up a bargain price Bouzouki. It is an Octavius model from Fylde Guitars.
I always hankered after something from this prestigious maker but they were always out of my price range.
Since acquiring that bouzouki I took a more active interest in their work and followed everything I could find about the company.
These beautiful instruments are hand made by Roger Bucknall (MBE) and his small team of three craftsmen.
For the past year or two I have been saving up everything I could manage to try and get a guitar from them.
A few weeks ago a realised my dream when I found a used Alexander model within by budget.
I felt I should do something to showcase the two instruments together and the catalyst was that Roger and his Fylde Guitars workshop are in the same town as the one my friend lived in, overlooked by Blencathra.
So ... two birds with one stone!

https://youtu.be/lBM6kcz70bE

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 08:49:03 PM »

Those instruments sound great when they are in the hands of a master musician as yourself.

This was fantastic!

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 07:54:48 AM »

Very much enjoyed the music, and the inset pictures - lovely part of the country.
It's such a shame your friend had to leave. It must have been a terrible wrench for her. She will need friends like you to keep her spirits up.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 11:12:18 PM »

A lovely vid as usual....you never seem at a lack of inspiration(if only I had a 10th of the drive you have,to make music.)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2020, 07:43:23 PM »

Thanks for watching/listening/commenting Thom.
Appreciate your kind words.
As for inspiration .... I'm just like everyone else .... sometimes dry spells, sometimes just chasing the wind, my friend.
The other place I play at is chock full of fellow musos who try to drag me in to stuff. It helps when things are dry.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: