Kara-Moon Forum
April 18, 2024, 08:21:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First of the year .... massive project unveiled.  (Read 2712 times)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: January 10, 2021, 09:56:09 PM »

This is my first post of the year .... HNY to one and all ....
but it was actually my final project from last year, only just finished on 30th December.
Over an extended period I been working along with American wordsmith, Joel Sattler, to bring to fruition his series of 21 songs based around a set of poems by Pablo Neruda. He was a Chilean poet who won the Nobel Prize for literature in 1971.
In order to consolidate them all I have grouped them together on a web-page so that they each stream from the Kompoz player but also put them all together as a download album complete with PDF information and lyric sheet.
I know that many of these will not appeal to everyone but as they are all so different I have tried to interpret them in a number of different musical styles to suit all tastes.

Find the full 21 song project here: http://www.fraserology.com/page26.html

Feedback always welcome, my friends.

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2021, 10:12:21 AM »

Wow! This really is a massive project. It'll take some time to listen through, but I'm enjoying what I've hears so far.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2021, 12:56:05 PM »

Wow. Thanks for even trying, Will.
In truth I didn't expect anyone to get into it.
The couple of strange things about this project are that, initially I started on these about 3 years ago and got about 5 or 6 songs done then other things got in the way so I put all on hold. Then, last month when I listened back to those first ones, I was inspired to pick them up again finally completing the whole cycle during December.
The other out-of-character thing was that I didn't bring anyone else in.
Other than Joel, who did all the word-work, I did everything myself from composition through all instruments to production.
So ..... feedback would be nice when you get to the point that you have had enough!

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2021, 05:29:15 PM »

Yes, that is a massive project.  I listened to the first two and liked what I heard. I will listen to others as time permits.

Excellent work on those two James.

The older I get the better I was!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2021, 09:30:35 PM »

Thanks for taking the time to make a start, sir.
Don't sicken yourself. There's a lot of stuff there although I have tried to vary things as much as possible with a few surprises here and there.
 Lips Sealed

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2021, 07:28:08 PM »

Well, I've listened to quite a few of these. They are good, but the overall mood is rather depressive - not what I need right now!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2021, 10:01:41 PM »

Yes. Mostly on the depressive side but there are a few quite cheery ones in there .... somewhere.
But I really appreciate you taking the time to listen.
Thanks.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: