Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:28:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MY NEWLY REVAMPED STUDIO  (Read 2642 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: May 04, 2021, 12:57:05 AM »

Thanks to a couple of stimulus checks,I've invested the entire sum into my new home studio.Originally....I was going to add the upcoming Korg Nautilus workstation to my set-up....but after the shipment being delayed 6 months in as row,I canceled my preorder for it.
How fortuitous it was,that I had a change of heart....as with the sum of money it would have cost me for the Korg...I managed to add a studio workstation desk, a pair of high-end monitors,an 88 key midi controller keyboard,a monster PC & a pair of isolation monitor stands.
The M-Audio midi keyboard is quite a beast,with more physical controls than the Korg I was going to buy and a key-bed with an exquisite feel....just wonderful! My new computer is a HP Envy(Intel 6 core,1TB SSD & more USB inputs than I know what to do with!)
And last...but certainly not least....the heart of my studio....a pair of KRK Rokit 7 G4's.Oddly enough....KRK's Rokit history is not a good one,as all previous generations of the Rokit line models of monitors had lackluster sonic characteristics.
The high's were harsh,the mid-range too forward & flabby low end.However....thanks to Rich Renken joining the KRK cast and being in the position of product manager, he made it his mission statement to completely redesign the Rokit series from the ground up(while also maintaining the same price points!)
In order to pull this off,Rich decided to shave off some of the productions costs,by minimizing the amount of physical controls(i.e., eliminating an RCA input & only having a XLR/TRS combo input...as well as leaving out the trim control buttons and replacing the shelving controls with an LCD display screen(wherein the user will have 25 different parametric/EQ adjustments to choose from!)  I am not really one to fiddle about with trim controls,as I prefer the flat setting & adjust my studio environment by way of acoustic panels & proper monitor placement.
What I do love about the LCD screen being the control center,is that I can make accurate digital volume adjustments,to ensure both monitors are even in sound levels.There's plenty of power,as each monitors is powered with class D amps,spitting out a toal of 145 watts per monitor.
Unlike the previous Rokit models of the past,the G4's have tight,punchy & well rounded bass,revealing mids & crisp highs.The stereo field is very spacious & 3D and your ears can easily disseminate where everything sits in the mix.
The KRK 7 G$ are by far,the very best addition to my studio to date(even surpassing my old Adam Audio A7's!)
I've always admired KRK's V-series which is their upper mid-range series in terms of quality....but never had the wallet for them...but much to my delight,Rich Renken's input & efforts,brought most of the quality aspects of KRK's V-series and incorporated it into the Rokit series!
Yet another nice little tidbit,is that the Rokit G4's outer front portion of the cabinet,if fitted with a faceplate that is attached with a series of magnets,so if one wants to purchase an optional set of faceplates with protective grilles for the drivers,you can just swap out the plates...holy sh*t!!

* 106_0092.JPG (2407.13 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 314 times.)

* 106_0094.JPG (2439.1 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 322 times.)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2021, 12:58:02 AM »

Cool

* 106_0093.JPG (2538.21 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 292 times.)

* 106_0095.JPG (2734.26 KB, 4608x3456 - viewed 306 times.)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2021, 04:01:01 PM »

Very impressive.  I know that you will put all of this to good use.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2021, 05:36:17 PM »

Thanks....sure going to try to make the most of this setup!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2021, 03:39:13 PM »

Looks like a nice compact setup.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 01:56:54 PM »

Actually...not all that compact,as my camera does not reveal the full scope of my computer desk(as this desk takes a good chunk of my living room space!)  Grin
Oren2

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2021, 02:50:30 AM »

Kinda like heaven, but with cool buttons and knobs? Afro

Good one, Thom!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: