Kara-Moon Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:19:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Demon in a Bottle  (Read 1114 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: December 22, 2021, 12:57:42 AM »

I first posted this song in 2015.  Since then Danny's brother got him out of the nursing home and brought him to California to live with him and his wife.  Last year they moved to Arizona but couldn't find a house  for all of them, thus Danny lived a couple doors away.  Danny drank a couple bottles of booze, had a heart attack, and died.  The reason I'm posting this again is during this holiday season if you have a loved one that is a heavy drinker try to get them to stop. Danny wasn't even 60 yet.

Below is the original post:

As most of you probably know there has been no music posted by Pumping Station Road (PSR) in a long time. The reason is that one member, DannyW was, a very very heavy drinker, i.e. a big time alcoholic. About two years ago he was found laying on the floor of his apartment. As he lived alone no one knows how long he was there. He was rushed to the hospital where brain damage was diagnosed. He is now in a nursing home. He has lost a lot of his memory and he will never get out of the home. He was only 50 when this happened.

https://soundcloud.com/mario_guitar/demon

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 11:40:26 AM »

Very sad indeed. I've never known any serious alcoholics, but even 'mildly' afflicted ones seem to go through hell.
I don't remember this song - very well done.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 02:52:23 PM »

Thanx Will.

I've known a few alcoholics but Danny was the worst one.

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: