Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:42:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Very New from me!  (Read 1896 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: April 16, 2022, 05:39:19 PM »

Unusually from me this track is somewhat dystopian. I guess it's reflecting the times.

So, here is: The Machine

* The_Machine.mp3 (5192 KB - downloaded 102 times.)

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 06:52:49 PM »

Interesting.

It is not my style at all, but that is not a criticism. I think you did a great job transitioning from the "noise" to the actual "melody". Quite seamless.

Should you bring the "machine" back at the end? Don't know ... I like the end, but then I don't like THE MACHINE ... which is why I left the city to live a very quiet acreage Smiley

Thanks for sharing.

My online life: http://www.mellowood.ca
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 02:19:38 PM »

Thanks.
Yes, it's not an 'easy' piece, and I too do NOT like the machine, and these days get out of it as much as I can. Unfortunately, I simply can't afford to actually move out of it for good.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2022, 04:50:17 PM »

Yes, I feel very privileged to live the live I live here in rural British Columbia. Mind you, we could do with a few days with the high temperature above 9C Smiley But, the grass is green and will need cutting pretty soon. So, no complaints Smiley

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2022, 06:59:21 PM »

Will, that intro was way out of your comfort zone, then it transformed into a nice chord progression. 

Great work on that.

PS - not a fan of the machine sounds but I do agree you should end with it!  That would complete the cycle IMHO.

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2022, 06:56:26 PM »

Thanks Mario,
I did originally intend to end that way, but in my mind that meant the machine won. The ending I came up with leaves room for hope.

- Will
bvdp
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2022, 07:36:20 PM »

How about a sound to smash the machine at the end? Or springs popping, etc.? But like I say, way beyond my comfort zone.

elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2022, 02:27:03 AM »

Wow....morose, yet poignant.....the contrast between the urban droning & tranquil chords is very gratifying...this is beautiful Will! As I was listening to it, I was envisioning a bass line...along with a dram of piano....care to collaborate?
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2022, 06:03:08 PM »

Thanks Thom,
I did think about a bass line, but thought it might clash with the 'rumble' element of that heavier synth sound.
However, by all means give it a go. What format would you want, and where should I send it?

- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2022, 06:11:06 PM »

Thanks Thom,
I did think about a bass line, but thought it might clash with the 'rumble' element of that heavier synth sound.
However, by all means give it a go. What format would you want, and where should I send it?

I would prefer WAV...so if this is okay with you, go with whatever cloud service you want & send me the link via e-mail to; tubeohm91@gmail.com I typically use Google Drive.

Thanks!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2022, 07:18:35 PM »

email sent

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: