Kara-Moon Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:22:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: China Blight At Night  (Read 1034 times)
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« on: September 14, 2022, 08:22:20 PM »

I had begun working on a tune to fit some video footage I had arranged...but the problem was...it was 10:10 in length. I worked out some composition & got as far as 2:43 & ran into a bit of a creative snag, for some reason.
There was some buzz about KV331 Audio's Synthmaster VST...which been in existence since 2004(but it wasn't very polished back then and I didn't really fancy it.
Recently though, I decided to re-download the free Synthmaster Player and immediately fell in love with it. So much so, that I upgraded to  Synthmaster 2 Player...followed by going for a cross-grade version for the full fledged one!

From 2:43 until 8:32, was all done with Synthmaster 2....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAyEot0ghsA
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 03:57:43 PM »

As usual Thom excellent work.  Great mix and choice of sounds that match the video perfectly.

I have both the SynthMaster 2 and the SynthMaster One.  If you can afford it get the Everything bundle.  I did about three years ago and I have received every upgrade and sound patches for free. IMHO it is well worth the extra money.

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2022, 04:05:27 AM »

As usual Thom excellent work.  Great mix and choice of sounds that match the video perfectly.

I have both the SynthMaster 2 and the SynthMaster One.  If you can afford it get the Everything bundle.  I did about three years ago and I have received every upgrade and sound patches for free. IMHO it is well worth the extra money.

Thanks for the thumbs up, Mario! As for Synthmaster, I've exceeded my petty cash limit this month....so any expansions will have to wait( I want to wait until there is a promotional discount anyway.)
I was aware of the sale last month...but I had hesitated, as my impressions of this synth weren't anything special, based on it's early days. About a week ago, I decided to give Synthmaster another go and I was amazed at how far it had come.
As for the bundle...well...Synthmaster seems to cater mainly to the EDM crowd, so there's mostly monochromatic chord/arpeggio dub-step noise, rather than any melodic pads and ambient stuff.
That said, I am worried about dropping such a large sum of money, only to be stuck with trance & dub-step presets. The Big Tone packs have new sample content, which is interesting....but I just don't know what to expect with all of the other EDM stuff.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2022, 07:49:32 PM »

Well, I've finally managed to get browsers to play audfio again. This is well done (as usual) but I'm afraid it really doesn't appeal to me. I think with general world-wide stress levels I'm tending to retreat to gentler music.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
elwoodblues91
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2022, 04:20:05 PM »

Well, I've finally managed to get browsers to play audfio again. This is well done (as usual) but I'm afraid it really doesn't appeal to me. I think with general world-wide stress levels I'm tending to retreat to gentler music.

For the most part, this tune is fairly gentle(but to each his own.) Thanks for listening & commenting.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2022, 01:21:48 PM »

It's more the subject matter in the vid than the music itself.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: