Kara-Moon Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:25:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Some very difficult turmoil with the Fusion  (Read 4841 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 07, 2007, 11:58:57 PM »

In the past few days,I have been hearing more & more complaints about bugs in the Alesis Fusion & this comes from people who have purchased the Fusion more recently.
My sales engineer at Sweetwater.com had told me that there have been improvements with the Fusion this year & that it's more reliable than it was last year.
I know some people love thier Fusion & have not had any problems,but it seems that most people do have problems.

The Alesis Fusion 88 key(8HD)-with free Alesis M1 620 monitors,is now going for
$999.00(USD)-which is frichen incredible,but it also worries me that Alesis may be
off the market now!

I read where one person's Fusion went completely dead,4 months after the warranty expired.
Another person's Fusion froze up when this person tried to load a program.

Yet another person stated that he/she has bugs in the Fusion that no one is able to resolve
& I read this crap all over the internet-it's making me completely mad! Angry Undecided Cry

I love this keyboard & have been lusting after it for a while,but I am deathly afraid to take a chance with it.
I could really use some positive reinforcement on this one!

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 08:32:31 AM »

My opinion for what is worth...

I have allso been following the fusion for a long time. It is true that you can divide the world in 2 camps  Roll Eyes Grin
People who love the fusion and people who hate the fusion and regret that they have bought it. There has been an upgrade of the OS that seems to have solved a number of problems with it.
But you still hear about problems with it.
It is actually the reason that Moon & I didn't buy it.
TBH the fusion has allmost the same possibilities of the Korg oasys but in a totaly different price range. As there are no miracles in business if you produce something in a lower price range you have to make compromises somewhere. Or you invest a whole lot of money in a long term marketing plan with the goal of killing the competition or you make compromises in quality...

Allso, it looks like quit a couple of big sellers on the internet stopped to sell the fushion, which is not a good sign ?

Just my opinion of course and I could be completly wrong !
Empty Sound here has a fusion and is very happy with it, which could proof that I'm wrong.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 01:50:01 PM »

The Alesis Fusion 88 key(8HD)-with free Alesis M1 620 monitors,is now going for
$999.00(USD)-which is frichen incredible,but it also worries me that Alesis may be
off the market now!

I also noticed that MF had the QS8.2 88-key weighted board for $799. Almost makes me want to buy one! Not sure why the Alesis products are so low priced at the moment.

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 04:10:42 PM »

Thanks for your reponses Kara & Fred-I appreciate it.

I am also considering the Roland Juno G.I think it's a fantastic keyboard,but I just don't see how I can pass up such a great bargain as Sweetwater's deal with the Fusion-especially since since Sweetwater has fantastic customer service & it is the deal of a lifetime.
Since there are people out there who are very happy with thier Fusions,it seems worth taking a chance on one, and if anything goes wrong with it during the warranty,then I would have nothing to lose.

I still have a tough decision to make though... Undecided

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: