Kara-Moon Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Clavia Nord Lead 2X  (Read 4367 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: September 17, 2007, 01:10:35 AM »

Hmmm..very fascinating board! I was paying particular attention to the 2X,as the Nord 3 seems to be a thing of the past-could not find one new.

I'm really turning into a gear *** at this point,but the thought of buying a multi track recorder and then layering my Korg sequences with a Nord 2X would be astounding!
The Nord has 990 program presets & the audio demos sound incredible,even without any effects added to them...very stunning. Grin

Years down the road,I probably end up owning both the Kurzweil & the Nord.

The Nord is really priced right & it has unsurpassed sounds for a grand.Very impressive.

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2007, 06:28:06 PM »

Aha! I'm glad you discoverd the Nords. The Nordlead 3 isn't produced anymore because of compliancy with the enviro,mental regulations. A pitty, because this is a fantastic machine. The Nord 2X is still out there and a hell of a machine. I don't want to start a riot, but this one sounds far better than VA softsynths.  Shocked
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »

Moon,

Could you elaborate on the enviromental restrictions regarding the Nord Lead 3?

I'm just wondering why the Nord Lead 3 was singled out as being an enviromental issue,& not any of the other Nord models? Very strange. Huh

Elwood

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2007, 06:09:36 AM »

In Europe there is a new regulation: electronic equipment may not contain lead on the circuit boards. The Nord lead 3 had too many circuits with lead (I think the lcd display which the nordlead2 doesn't have). Clavia decided to stop the production and develop the succesor of the Nordlead3 (being the Nord Wave) instead of changing the circuits.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: