Kara-Moon Forum
May 16, 2024, 11:11:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New website  (Read 5125 times)
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« on: October 19, 2010, 10:25:06 PM »

Cool
Hey, folks.

I know I been pretty quiet recently  Roll Eyes

Apart from having yet another horrendous year with family/health issues, on the tail of similar things last year, I have not been able to find much inspiration for music even with a new set of instruments gathering dust  Cry
But ... I do sit up here night after night, on my lonely chair, watching what is going on in our cyber-world.
Thanks for being here, everyone 

So ...
I have been building myself a new web-site.  I been using Serif software for many years for photo and DTP work as well as Web design. Their newest upgrade came with a 'free hosting and dot-com name' offer so I decided to jump in and give it a whirl.

Here it is for you. I am keeping it private, only for those with the link and excluded from search engine scrutiny, and I have provided ...
free download albums for my very first album, which I produced for friends in 2008, and my most recent album which I have just finished compiling, complete with PDF brochures.  Along with these I provide links to my Wyatt tribute and to the Kara-moon Collective albums as well as some personal biography.

I hope you all get something from it  Kiss
Please give me criticism, as needed  Lips Sealed

http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Wink
James

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 03:16:05 AM »

As good as it gets, young man!

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 06:42:33 AM »

I was visitor #15

I like the colours.
Sometimes you use a smaller font for certain paragraphes, that font is realy small on a laptop

And thanks for the reference to KM

K

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2010, 02:04:53 PM »

Very good job on this James.  I like the layout and the tabs you have here. I would like to make a couple of suggestions if I may.  Use the font you use in the Various tab in the other tabs.  I have old tired eyes that found those small fonts almost impossible to read.  Lastly I would like to see more of your pictures and artwork.  You are as talented in those fields of endeavor as you are in music.

Keep up the good work there James.

The older I get the better I was!
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2010, 04:32:32 PM »

Cheesy
Thanks for having a look and commenting, guys.
Rony ... how could I NOT reference K-M ... it is a major part of my life, mon ami  Kiss

As for the comments about font size ... I hadn't thought of that, being used to 19 inch monitors  Roll Eyes

I'll have another take on that. Thanks.  Cool

Mario.  If you notice the /music part of the link .... I am working on the main sections to incorporate updates to the artwork, but that has to be a separate entity.  It is also going to take much longer to develop as there is a substantial amount of new photography to undertake.  Roll Eyes
Some day, pal.  Lips Sealed

Wink
James

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »

Looking pretty good.

Let me know if you need my round tuit Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 01:16:15 PM »

Love the website! One suggestion: when you click on one of the menu buttons it would be handy if it showed which one was clicked, for example by changing colour. Other than that, I really like the layout and colour scheme. Good work!

Also known as Marc JXP
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2010, 03:40:55 PM »

Thanks for the comments, folks.

Just updated again with a music player for random songs.

By the way, if anyone downloads 'Journeys and Intersections' I would love some feedback.  Grin

Wink
James
http://www.fraserology.com/music/

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: