Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 10:32:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Sequel - Completed!  (Read 9195 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« on: December 28, 2013, 05:52:24 PM »

Ever since I completed Lost Tribes (2008 originally!) I've wanted to compose a sequel, but never could decide whether the travellers should be reunited, fail, or be destined to search forever, so I never came up with a theme to hang it all on.

Having just completed the remix (yet again) I was in just the right frame of mind, so made a decision and got on with it. This is still work in progress, but is complete enough for you to discover what my conclusion was Smiley

What's more, only the Kara-Moon people will get to hear this, and at the end of 2013! I won't post this version anywhere else Grin

P.S.
I haven't decided on a proper title for it yet.

{ahem}
Sixty people started this search for the tribes. Over the long years a dozen have been lost, victim to accident, illness or bandits. Near to exhaustion, with what megre supplies remain, the travellers set up camp in a sheltered valley far from their old country. After so many false leads and dashed hopes, they must decide: Do they continue, or accept defeat?

That evening the decision is made. A handful of the fittest set out for the last time with the village calling horn. It will be no more than a three day onward search, while the remainder consider the best location should they need to build new homes.

* Tribes_Sequel.mp3 (4496.44 KB - downloaded 336 times.)
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 04:15:22 PM by folderol » Logged

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 09:23:03 PM »

Will this is very good.

FWIW I would lower the brass volume in the last section and find a more mellow sounding village calling horn.  But this is just me and YMMV.

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2013, 11:45:09 PM »

I love your concept, and its execution!

Mario's idea of working the EQ in the last section would be an excellent finishing touch, but toying with this one overmuch would be some sort of CRIME...

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2013, 09:28:13 PM »

Thanks Mario. This is just the sort of observation I wanted to see. I have indeed mellowed the calling horn (and given myself a new yoshimi sound in the process!) and eased back the 'group' brass sound.

Oren, I have been very mindful to avoid any possible 'Crimes against the music' (TM),  however, I've done a small amount of re-balancing instrument levels, especially the introduction of the breathy choir at the start.

Another small change I've made is to a few notes from the prophet horn near the end where it sort of sagged a bit.

I've added a couple of sub notes to the bass horn, and finally made the 'angel' choir at the end clearer.

I think we're just about 'there' now, but will wait till the new year before going mainstream with this.

P.S.
I still can't think of a title. I want something that leads on from 'Searching' but can also stand alone.

* Tribes_Sequel_3.mp3 (4621.3 KB - downloaded 323 times.)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 10:14:45 PM by folderol » Logged

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 04:13:28 PM »

Gentlemen we have a title Smiley
I give you...
The Long Years (In Search Of The Lost Tribes)

And now the finished recording.

* The_Long_Years.ogg (3887.29 KB - downloaded 309 times.)

- Will
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2014, 04:17:15 PM »

... and the other format Smiley

P.S.
I've updated the story on the first page slightly.

* The_Long_Years.mp3 (4645.83 KB - downloaded 334 times.)

- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2014, 10:54:59 PM »

This is a masterpiece

DO NOT CHANGE A THING wOO   

You should be very proud of this one

The older I get the better I was!
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2014, 09:34:35 PM »

Thanks for your most enthusiastic support Mario. You'll be pleased to know I can now listen to this without thinking "Maybe I could just..."

However, we haven't heard the last from the tribes yet. There is the question of why they had to leave. I expect it has something to do with the shining stones Tongue

At this time my muse offers no further information. Roll Eyes

- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2014, 08:49:02 AM »

This is a masterpiece
DO NOT CHANGE A THING wOO   
You should be very proud of this one

Ripe for the picking, indeed! Afro

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2014, 10:03:34 PM »

Thanks a lot Oren Wink
I've a pretty good idea where the story goes next, but no idea at all how to represent that musically, so it'll probably be some time before the next installment - hopefully somewhat less than 5 years!

- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: