Kara-Moon Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:09:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Sea of Love: REMIX  (Read 6143 times)
Frederik

« on: September 02, 2008, 07:53:18 PM »

EDIT: following your suggestions i did a remix; the organ got thrown out in the middle, to make room for the vocals and guitar. I think it sounds far better now  Wink

Another slow, mellow track.

all comments and suggestions appreciated!

Frederik

* sea of love (demotest) extended version (192 kb)2.mp3 (5876.17 KB - downloaded 218 times.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2008, 08:39:01 PM by Frederik » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 08:38:22 PM »

Great new track Fred.
There is a bit of a tiny problem with the mix, but since I don't know nothing about recording guitar, I'm afraid I can't help you with how to solve it.
At certain times it sounds all a bit muddy together, probably because of harmonics of different instruments that come together ?

I'm sure some of the members here can help you how to solve this.

Oren where are you ?  Grin

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 10:50:52 PM »

Fred,

The theme guitar melody is very catchy,as it has a nice hook & I love the guitar chords in the last 20 seconds of the song-what A sweet way to close the song! Cool

I agree with what Kara mentioned-I too,think that things get a bit sloppy sounding when everything comes together in the middle,but I'm in no position either,to suggest anything when it comes to guitar tracks.

Oren is definately the man for the job on this one-indeed! Cool

Lovely song though Fred,very enjoyable-with it's Coldplay-esque qualities. Cheesy

Thom

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 01:50:24 PM »

very much like the gutar, and vocals are nice and clean, but agree it gets a bit confised in the middle.

A couple of suggestions:

The piano sounds unnaturally 'wide'. Possibly reduce the stereo width on this a lot and give a defined position, maybe also reduce reverb (is that what is creating the unnatural width in the first place).

In the middle you have a distorted guitar, and a synth with almost identical frequency spectrum, If it's not practical to change these, try panning them to opposite extremes.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 07:39:50 PM »

very much like the gutar, and vocals are nice and clean, but agree it gets a bit confised in the middle.

A couple of suggestions:

The piano sounds unnaturally 'wide'. Possibly reduce the stereo width on this a lot and give a defined position, maybe also reduce reverb (is that what is creating the unnatural width in the first place).

In the middle you have a distorted guitar, and a synth with almost identical frequency spectrum, If it's not practical to change these, try panning them to opposite extremes.

+1

My suggestion would be to eliminate the distorted guitar chords and leave only the distorted guitar leads. If you want to have guitar chords there then either change the synth sound and/or octave or use the other guitar for the chording parts. Either way is ok but I would separate the parts via panning.

Just my thoughts.

This is a very good song BTW.

The older I get the better I was!
Frederik

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 07:35:40 AM »

Thanks for your replies and remarks, they're very helpful!

I've been checking it out quickly, and I think I could eliminate the synth organ in the middle - it doesn't add anything meaningful to that part, it just doubles the guitars, and with its sound it indeed makes things sound muffled or confused. I'll keep the organ part for the outro, where it has its proper function.

Once I'll get a new version/mix ready I'll post it here, of course,

fred
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2008, 08:37:46 AM »

Another delightful composition! Something for both musicians and casual listeners.

It sounds like the tonal conflict occurs in the lower mid-range.
Rather than adjust the EQ, first try just playing the mix through, turning off one track, and then the next, until you find which instrument is contributing to the distortion. The sound is nice and thick, so loosing one instrument won't take away too much from the excellent layering you've done.

It's a great production, and worth the extra effort. wOO

Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2008, 03:28:30 PM »

Hi Frederik
You built it on good musical ideas and melodies
Catchy vocal line and expressive singing are the key.

Cheers
Frederik

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 08:40:08 PM »

Thanks for your suggestions - they lead to a new version that is uploaded in the original post at the top.

fred
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 09:09:02 AM »

Nicely re-arranged!

I especially enjoy the vocal performance, and the unusual harmonies.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: