Kara-Moon Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:53:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Need time to heal...  (Read 4028 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« on: March 17, 2010, 06:46:08 PM »

Just wanted to let everyone here know that I may need to take a hiatus from here & from music for a while.I found out yesterday that one of my cats has cancer-which is terminal,so I have the option of either administering steroids to prolong her life,or to put her to sleep and I am struggling to reach the right decision.
She's recovering well from the surgery & seems healthy,but I don't think I can keep her alive long enough for the cancer to start spreading,to where she will be suffering.
It took all the energy I could muster,to slither out of bed and get on the computer to write this,but somehow I do feel a little better,now that I'm on here.
As I'm sure you all know by now,I am retired on disability...so my apartment & my cats are all I have basically,as I spend most of my time here.
So without any of the usual distractions the most people have in their busy lives,I am left with-for the most part,nothing to do but to sit & marinate in my misery.
I have a history of depression...although I have been free of it for the last 8 years,but I fear that I will slip back into that dark hole again.I will seek help if I need it,but hopefully I can resonate enough inner fortitude to get through this without having to be hospitalized.

I would like to take a bus up to my friends in the north,as a way of coping with all of this,but I can't leave my animals behind.I have an appointment next week to have my cat's stitches removed,but I may just have her put to sleep then,so that she'll never have to suffer and I'll reach some closure with this ordeal.

I hope to be back here soon,but only time will tell.

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »

Thom,
Taking a break from one's usual distractions can be excellent "therapy". Sounds to me like your cat needs your full attention, now - so go for it! Maybe read a book on "guerrilla veterinary tactics" or some such radical literature.
Whatever you do, make it count emotionally... "it's better to burn out, than fade away"... wOO

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:48:33 PM »

Cry
Thom...

As a fellow cat owner ....

I have been in the unfortunate position that you are a couple of times in the past.

What I have found (the hard way) is that it is far more worthwhile, on a personal level, to sit and comfort and stroke your life-long friend whilst the injection is administered, and the peaceful sleep ensues with no apparent distress or agonies, than to have to look after and fortify a dear friend in support of some worthless treatment which can only extend the agony of the illness.

Oh how I wish it were legal for this to apply to us mere humans  Roll Eyes Lips Sealed

On a musical note ....
when I have been in this position in the past I have always been haunted by this, one of my all time favourite songs, probably because of the title ....  Roll Eyes who knows how the mind bends things ....  Undecided
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7mh2JW7xWs&feature=related

So, Thom .....
good luck with your deliberations my friend .... I do know how you feel.  Cry
There will always be friends on 'this side' of your screen  (as my buddy Wyatt has always told me)

Wink

James

P.S.     If you ever fancy tring a cover of that song let me know and we can do it together .... for therapy  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 09:50:26 PM by offthewall » Logged

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2010, 08:23:01 AM »

So, Thom .....
good luck with your deliberations my friend .... I do know how you feel.  Cry
There will always be friends on 'this side' of your screen  (as my buddy Wyatt has always told me)

An whatever you do, you should know that we"ll all be happy to see you back here, if you decide to take a break and if you should decide to come back.

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 07:53:46 PM »

Come back when you're ready mate. We'll leave your slippers by the fireside.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: