Kara-Moon Forum
May 16, 2024, 03:10:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Two new tracks - "Berlin After The Rain" / "Erik"  (Read 9561 times)
TristezaOrange

« on: April 05, 2008, 11:01:15 AM »

And they are nothing alike!  Grin

One is a solo piano thing that sounds a bit like Erik Satie's work but with jazzier harmonies and you can have it here:

http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song.php?download_id=4509

And the other is a bit out-there - it starts out normal enough but then turns into something pretty f*cked up:

http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song.php?download_id=4508

Comments welcome, of course. Smiley

Download my "Aerial And Trail EP" for free on Jamendo or buy it for peanuts at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2008, 03:27:57 PM »

Hi TristezaOrange
Great piano work on the 1st one, I like the melancholic feel and the advanced harmony help with minimalistic approach. Nice
2nd track is a bit weirder but I like the atmospheric evolution it's an original morphing thing with accordion echoes mixed with glitchy percussive stuff. Very experimental = interesting
Cool stuff

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2008, 03:30:29 PM »

Hi T.O.,

The first song has some very lush chords which creates a immersive atmosphere and the room resonance is a nice touch. Cool

The second song has some very interesting elements and I love the idea of this song,as I think it encapsulates the mood of the rain in a foreign,urban area like Berlin.

However though,as some points in the song,it gets a bit sloppy,so it needs to be tightened up,particularly with the arpeggiated piano parts and I noticed there was a small snippet in the drum track about a 1/3 of the way in,that has a gliche in the rhythm of the bass/snare part.

To suite my particular tastes,I would like to hear the bass line come in earlier in the song,as I think the bass really rounds out the piece very well and gives it more body and definition.

This song has wonderful potential and I would love for you to work on it further and fine tune it.

Cheers,

Thom

TristezaOrange

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2008, 05:38:48 PM »

Hi TristezaOrange
Great piano work on the 1st one, I like the melancholic feel and the advanced harmony help with minimalistic approach. Nice
2nd track is a bit weirder but I like the atmospheric evolution it's an original morphing thing with accordion echoes mixed with glitchy percussive stuff. Very experimental = interesting
Cool stuff

Cheers

Thanks Laguna! I thought that 'Berlin' was too experimental so I guess I made up for it with 'Erik'!  Grin Glad you enjoyed them!

Download my "Aerial And Trail EP" for free on Jamendo or buy it for peanuts at Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk
TristezaOrange

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2008, 05:43:07 PM »

Hi T.O.,

The first song has some very lush chords which creates a immersive atmosphere and the room resonance is a nice touch. Cool

The second song has some very interesting elements and I love the idea of this song,as I think it encapsulates the mood of the rain in a foreign,urban area like Berlin.

However though,as some points in the song,it gets a bit sloppy,so it needs to be tightened up,particularly with the arpeggiated piano parts and I noticed there was a small snippet in the drum track about a 1/3 of the way in,that has a gliche in the rhythm of the bass/snare part.

To suite my particular tastes,I would like to hear the bass line come in earlier in the song,as I think the bass really rounds out the piece very well and gives it more body and definition.

This song has wonderful potential and I would love for you to work on it further and fine tune it.

Cheers,

Thom

Thanks Thom! I noticed the momentary glitch with the drums at the point you say and thought it'd be more "glitchy" if I left it like that. Grin But I guess it stands out too much! I'll fix that! Thanks for making this point. What exactly do you find sloppy with the piano arps? I think I quantized it - perhaps it's the velocities of the notes? Please let me know so I can look into it Smiley

Again, thank you very much for the comments - I hope I can make it better!

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2008, 07:05:48 PM »

T.O.,

With regard to the piano arps,I guess they are syncronized,but in my opinion,it does'nt seem to fit very well. Undecided

I think perhaps that there is just a little too much going on there and maybe changing the structure of the piano piece that occurs about mid-way into the song,might blend in better....just a thought.

Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2008, 08:20:52 AM »

Very atmospheric piano work in "Berlin After the Rain". Relaxing, enjoyable, contemplative.

(Thom - "immersive atmosphere"...smooth! Cheesy)
« Last Edit: April 06, 2008, 08:22:30 AM by Oren » Logged

TristezaOrange

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:22 AM »

T.O.,

With regard to the piano arps,I guess they are syncronized,but in my opinion,it does'nt seem to fit very well. Undecided

I think perhaps that there is just a little too much going on there and maybe changing the structure of the piano piece that occurs about mid-way into the song,might blend in better....just a thought.

Thom

'A little too much going on' is my (rather big) middle name  Grin I tend to overcrowd arrangements with instrumentation - it's one of my failinga that however many times I hear it, I just seem to do it again!

Thanks again Thom, I'll work with your tips and see what I can come up with!

TristezaOrange

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2008, 09:58:57 AM »

Very atmospheric piano work in "Berlin After the Rain". Relaxing, enjoyable, contemplative.

(Thom - "immersive atmosphere"...smooth! Cheesy)

Thanks Oren! Smiley

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2008, 12:28:51 PM »

These are two very enjoyable and very different tracks. You're obvioulsy a quick worker too Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
TristezaOrange

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2008, 09:15:35 PM »

Thanks folderol!

Well, I'm not a very quick worker, it's just that I'm very inspired lately! I hope it lasts!

magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2008, 09:34:42 PM »

Hi T.O,

I liked the satie's like piano piece. It's good that it is not just a 'copy' of satie but more something inspired by his universe and the way he created an immediate 'universe' and 'feel' with a few notes. Closing eyes while listening put you in a movie. Cool.

The Berlin stuff is more surprising. It's a bit dissonant but fits well with title. What I liked more is the part with the kind of accordeon.

Thanks!

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2008, 12:58:12 AM »

Hi TristezOrange,
Erik: I really liked the piano solo.  Great sound there!  Super chord and outstanding leads.

Berlin After the Rain – This has a lot of potential IMHO.  The only thing I didn’t like was the constant tapping/ticking/maybe artificial rain in the right channel.  Take that out and it’s a winner for me.  BUT this is only MY opinion.  Others may vary.

Good work!

The older I get the better I was!
TristezaOrange

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2008, 02:34:18 PM »

Hi T.O,

I liked the satie's like piano piece. It's good that it is not just a 'copy' of satie but more something inspired by his universe and the way he created an immediate 'universe' and 'feel' with a few notes. Closing eyes while listening put you in a movie. Cool.

The Berlin stuff is more surprising. It's a bit dissonant but fits well with title. What I liked more is the part with the kind of accordeon.

Thanks!

bye

mag

Wow, I had no idea that more people commented on my tracks! Thanks mag, for 'Erik' I just wanted to create a Satie-like atmosphere but I needed to keep my own compositional self! Glad you noticed it! Cheesy

TristezaOrange

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »

Hi TristezOrange,
Erik: I really liked the piano solo.  Great sound there!  Super chord and outstanding leads.

Berlin After the Rain – This has a lot of potential IMHO.  The only thing I didn’t like was the constant tapping/ticking/maybe artificial rain in the right channel.  Take that out and it’s a winner for me.  BUT this is only MY opinion.  Others may vary.

Good work!

Thanks Mario!

I have a new mix of Berlin that I did after the suggestions you lovely people gave me! I'm going to post it soon! I hope it takes care of a few things. Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: