Kara-Moon Forum
May 15, 2024, 10:13:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Just feeling my way about  (Read 13556 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2010, 05:20:55 PM »

This version is now in the format I'll keep. I might change (and will certainly add to) the various parts, and would welcome collaboration.

Your efforts aren't wasted, Will. This baby is coming together very nicely. wOO

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2010, 06:22:50 PM »

Thanks a lot guys Smiley
@James
I very much like what you've done here. In places I think it is a perfect fit, in others maybe not so much. What I think I'd like to do (if you're happy with the idea) is pan your guitar about half-way to one side, and fade it in and out at strategic points. Eventually I want to add some incidental harp, so this could be panned the opposite way for balance and to maintain space.

I'm wondering now if this should stay here or migrate to the review section. Would anyone else be interested in joining in?

I can't make up my mind if this needs a bass or is better without - I'm open to suggestions. Again, I'm not sure if it would benefit from very light percussion. The timing is a reasonably steady 120BPM but not perfect Tongue

Several people have suggested it would make a good song, which really had never occurred to me. I don't have any ideas at all for lyrics, and don't know what would be taken as a melody line, but as usual I'm open to any ideas. In the past, several collaborations on here have morphed in parallel directions Wink

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2010, 08:34:09 PM »

Roll Eyes
Strange .... when I put your track in to Reaper, I tapped out the BPM and it measured an exact 80.
I marked out the sections in 8 bar 'verses' and the whole thing is tracked to that !!!  Shocked  Don't know how that figures with your 120 !!

If you like I will make a bass part, tomorrow, see how it goes  Undecided

And, yes, I shall do a 're-run' of the whole thing for you to play with, mate.

Wink
James

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2010, 09:31:06 PM »

Roll Eyes
Strange .... when I put your track in to Reaper, I tapped out the BPM and it measured an exact 80.
I marked out the sections in 8 bar 'verses' and the whole thing is tracked to that !!!  Shocked  Don't know how that figures with your 120 !!
Hint: I'm play triplets on the guitar Wink
If you like I will make a bass part, tomorrow, see how it goes  Undecided
Thanks a lot
And, yes, I shall do a 're-run' of the whole thing for you to play with, mate.

Wink
James
Than...  Shocked 'kinnell. That was quick Cool
Might not be able to get on this till Wenesday though.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2010, 04:18:19 AM »

I'm wondering now if this should stay here or migrate to the review section. Would anyone else be interested in joining in?

Good idea, Will. If you need some help with the migration, let me know...

offthewall
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2010, 09:35:36 PM »

Cool
Here is a 'ruff' mix with bass.

It does add another 'colour' to the proceedings.

I've sent the solo file for you to use (or not), or chop and change ... or if you want a different version, just speak up, young'un.  Grin

Wink
James

* NewIdeaOTWmix2.ogg (6457.76 KB - downloaded 262 times.)

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2010, 09:18:10 PM »

Well I've spent quite a bit of today working with the tracks James has given me Smiley
There is a new mix over in the review section here

- Will
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: