Kara-Moon Forum
May 15, 2024, 09:49:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Miroslav Philharmonik CE for $15  (Read 11337 times)
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 12:09:29 PM »

My final verdict on this  Undecided

Attached is a classical track that most, if not all, should know.

Here we go :
- That piano is just plain bad  Angry It has no body resonance what so ever.
- The strings are pretty weak for a classical piece
- The choirs are sort of ok'ish if you put enough FX on it

Final verdict
You certainly can't make a classical or movie score with it.
But if you need some more or less classical sounds in a pop song it will do

k

* MT.ogg (6687.29 KB - downloaded 240 times.)

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2011, 01:19:52 PM »

Well, truth be told under your fingers everything sounds great wOO

Personally do don’t think any of the sounds in this package will work for classical or solo work. I think you will have to spend a whole lot more money, either close to or over $1K USD, to get those types of sounds. I view Miroslav Philharmonik CE as a backing track package and for that task it is well worth the $15 USD.  If anyone is interested it is still on sale.

If you have other inexpensive string sounds like GPO, soundfonts etc  mixing those sounds with these will improve your overall string section IMO.

PS – now watch James come up with a piece of music that will make a liar out of me  Shocked

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2011, 01:26:17 PM »

Well...I never allowed myself to be lured in by IK's cheap prices,as they've never been known for having the cutting-edge sample quality.At one point I was interested in the Sample Tank package with regard to synth sounds,but they are only samples,so there was obviously limitations there,because what I really wanted,was to synthesize from the ground up.

Even though I wasn't entirely happy with my Komplete 6 when I bought it,over time....I realized that despite the fact that the synths in K6 did not quite meet up with my expectations,I eventually discovered their potential & how unique they are.

As for sampling,I was surprised at how thin the sampling content is in K6's Kontakt 4,but then I discovered what an incredible sample engine it has,& the developers who make the software for Kontakt 4 is second to none.

Overall,NI K6 has a lot of versatility & the built in effects alone,makes the K6 package a great buy.Even though there is no disputing that IK's $15 software is a win-win situation,I prefer not to clutter up my PC with a bunch of budget software that for the most part,I will not use.

Ultimately for me,software like the Scarbee Funk Guitarist,is the real no brainer deal,because it's comprised of uncompromising quality & the best guitar sound software I've ever experienced....not bad for $119! Grin

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2011, 05:39:09 PM »

Final verdict
You certainly can't make a classical or movie score with it.
But if you need some more or less classical sounds in a pop song it will do

Agreed, but it has a certain "robotic" charm...
Thanks for the demonstration!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: