Kara-Moon Forum
May 17, 2024, 06:03:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Space  (Read 21427 times)
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2014, 04:37:54 AM »

Sorry Thom for all of the problems I have caused.  Here are the individual track zips.  I tested each and every one of them and they worked here.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97281321/4%20Thom/pad%201.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97281321/4%20Thom/pad%202.zip

The problem was the program I was using, 7 Zip.  It does not zip large multiple files very well and in fact causes a ton of problems. I unzipped the file I gave you and there was nothing in it.  I unzipped it again and only one file worked.  This is very weird.  So this time I zipped each and every file individually.

Let me know when you get these in your system so I can delete them from dropbox.

PS – Sonar 3 is rock solid here.  It’s the best X thus far.

No problem my friend,just glad you found the root of the error. Cool Speaking of errors though,there is a couple of new errors to deal with,which is the 2 DropBox links that are supposed to contain the Pad 1 & Pad 2 sounds...well,those are bad links,because I get an error message when I click on them.

Glad to know Sonar X3 is working well for you...but I'm sure you'll understand why I don't want to mess with Sonar any further. Tongue Grin I can do fine with what I have,but I am still keeping an eye on Bitwig...as they are announcing their release date at the Winter Namm!

* DropBox Error.PNG (92.67 KB, 619x506 - viewed 620 times.)

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2014, 02:48:37 PM »

Thom, WTF!  I can DL here and it works fine.  I think I may have to find another way to get you the files the next time.  I have used a couple of other email methods but I thought that dropbox was easier, apparently not!

Maybe my problem is not 7-Zip but dropbox!  I Dled the “bad” file when I did that last test. Maybe it’s dropbox that messed up the files, don’t know. 

Any way here are the links to the pads.  Again I tested this and everything worked fine.

Let me know when you get them.

Yes I know that Sonar does not work for you but for me it works just fine.  If I have the problems you did I would not even think about using it ever again!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97281321/pad%201.zip

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97281321/pad%202.zip

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2014, 03:16:07 PM »

Mario,

The problem I had with DropBox,is that the program is very aggressive about being the default program for storage for all of my files & it's very disruptive!
There's still some remnants of the program I have not eliminated from my PC as of yet.Anyway,I got the files & I'll have to take another crack at getting Monkey's Audio to work on my PC(not that there is anything wrong with this program,as it is my fault).

Originally,when I first used Monkey's Audio,I had it working fine...but the PC I had this program installed on,crashed and I have never been able to get it working right since....but maybe I'll get lucky this time and accidentally set it up correctly. Tongue Grin
It seems that Monkey's Audio is the best file compression program out there,so I will see what I can do on my end,to get it up & running again.

-Thom 

folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 02:22:56 PM »

I notice those two files have embedded spaces in the names. That might be part of the problem. Lots of software doesn't handle spaces correctly so it advisable to never use them. Use underscores_like_this instead. Just to make life more interesting some gear doesn't like plusses or minuses either!

Anyway, glad you got it sorted and look forward to the results Smiley

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 06:09:41 PM »

Thanx Will, I had forgotten that.

Thom if you have a problem you may want to rename those files.  If they still don’t work let me know and I’ll rename and send them again.

propellerhead1969

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 09:13:35 PM »

As far as the file situation I'm good,but I have an unrelated question for you and since you are one of the few Windows users on K-M,I have a potentially serious issue with one of my PC's.Whenever I start the computer up,my user profile will not load and I cannot access my desktop screen.

The error message is this; "The User Profile Service service failed the logon.User profile cannot be loaded." Do you have any ideas on what the problem might be??
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 09:26:33 PM »

Thom I sent you a PM.

Did those last two tracks work for you?

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 09:32:35 PM »

Propellerhead since I do not know what operating system you have I can not find a solution.  However if you google The User Profile Service service failed the logon.User profile cannot be loaded  you will find the solution for your problem.  Note there are different solutions for different OSes.  Don’t you love Windows!

I hope this helps and good luck.

propellerhead1969

« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 10:20:04 PM »

Thom I sent you a PM.

Did those last two tracks work for you?

Mario,

I should have mentioned this before...my new K-M handle is now Propellerhead1969,because I cannot access my old K-M account(due to my other PC going haywire.Yes,the two tracks work...thanks. Cool
propellerhead1969

« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 10:21:54 PM »

Propellerhead since I do not know what operating system you have I can not find a solution.  However if you google The User Profile Service service failed the logon.User profile cannot be loaded  you will find the solution for your problem.  Note there are different solutions for different OSes.  Don’t you love Windows!

I hope this helps and good luck.

Mario,

Propellerhead here again..aka Elwood...aka Thom....my computer is Windows 7 64 bit SP1.I will Google the error message and see what happens.

-Thom
propellerhead1969

« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 10:53:27 PM »

Mario,

I found a YouTube video tutorial,which explains how to go into safe mode and then into registration edit mode.In the video,to make a long story short,it ends with an instruction to delete a user temp file in the c-drive....but I don't trust this video & I am very nervous about going through with it.
I think I may have to go to a computer repair shop....here's the video;  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d6zKj2iXL8

-Thom
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2014, 12:25:52 AM »

Thom, DO NOT TRY THIS!

This procedure is for experienced techs only.  Plus the instructions make one fatal mistake right from the git-go.  That is you ALWAYS make a registry backup prior to going in to it.  One mistake in regedit can render your computer useless! 

If you lived near me I could do this for you but since you don’t your safest and best bet is to take it to a reputable computer repair shop.

propellerhead1969

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2014, 02:11:42 AM »

Space....the final frontier...these are the voyages of the star-ship DeLaura....it's continuing mission(accompanied by first lieutenant Elwood)...to explore strange new worlds...to seek out new life and new civilizations...to boldly go,where no man has gone before.

-Thom

* Space(Mario & Thom).mp3 (7154.78 KB - downloaded 269 times.)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 03:07:33 PM »

GREAT JOB #1

You keep the integrity of the song but added so much to it that it’s amazing!

You have made this a keeper for sure!

We should do this more often!

propellerhead1969

« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 04:12:53 PM »

GREAT JOB #1

You keep the integrity of the song but added so much to it that it’s amazing!

You have made this a keeper for sure!

We should do this more often!

Very glad you are happy with the end result and thanks for the kind words! Cool Coming up with a plan of action,as to how I was going to approach your tune,was challenging.The more I delved into this project,the more revisions I had to make.
The first of your tracks I began with,was the arpeggio sound & that was easy going,as I simply added some EQ,filters & delay & it added a lot of life & brilliance to it.Past this point though,I began eliminating more of your tracks than I was comfortable with...but I felt that this was necessary to sort of clear the road a bit,in order for my additions to gel well,with your composition.

Your bass track was interesting,but being that it was this monochromatic droning-type sound,it seemed to serve as much more of a special effect,rather than being the backbone of a tune and because of this,it sort of muddy'd up the clarity & I wanted a cleaner,more articulate contrast between the tracks.
The lead voice & choir tracks were lovely composition-wise,but the preset sounds were very dated & thin,so I emulated your compositions of these tracks and replaced the sounds with my Alchemy vocal presets...which brought so much more depth & a much wider stereo field.
Your Pad 1 track is my favorite,but it was very dull & unpolished...but once I brightened it up with a vocal EQ,it was a magical sounding pad.I liked the idea of your timpani track,but since timpani sounds produce musical notes in addition to just percussive and since there was a lot of decay,it was interfering with my bass & drum tracks and so I replaced your timpani track and decided to use a similar type of sound,but limit it to a designated area in the song.
I also eliminated the Voice 2 track,because there was just a series of chopped up splices,which seemed to serve no purpose whatsoever.Overall,I really just wanted to give a more in depth and visceral mood to your tune,while also giving it the momentum & structure I thought it needed.

All this being said,I'm relieved that you are happy with my rendition...as I couldn't predict how you would respond to all of the changes I made.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: