Kara-Moon Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:44:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi, not been here for a while...  (Read 8732 times)
magikroom

« on: July 28, 2012, 11:57:53 AM »

Hi guys, not been here for a while, hope you're all well?

Anyway, last time I was here I posted a snippet of a tune I was working on...unfortunately, I abandoned it!  Just dug it out and finished it.  Please have a listen and plus there's a couple of others that you may like.  They're all soundtrack/ambient style.

River - http://soundcloud.com/magikroom/river
Void - http://soundcloud.com/magikroom/void
After Dark - http://soundcloud.com/magikroom/afterdark

Cheers

Jamie
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 05:30:40 PM »

Hi, and welcome back - don't stay away so long next time Smiley

I very much enjoyed all of these, but without a shadow of doubt 'River' is my favourite!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 04:07:25 AM »

I very much enjoyed all of these, but without a shadow of doubt 'River' is my favourite!

River - spectacular! Cool
Void - my favourite - appeals to my minimalist soul... Kiss
After Dark - eventful, and nicely textured.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:12:56 AM by Oren » Logged

magikroom

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 08:05:06 AM »

Thanks for that...I couldn't think of anything further to do for River, so I abandoned it and sold my Alesis Fusion 8HD that i used for the piano originally and I hated the others Piano sounds I had, but recently Native Instruments had a sale on, so I got Alecia's Keys...which is amazing.  I'll hang around now  Grin

Hi, and welcome back - don't stay away so long next time Smiley

magikroom

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 08:05:45 AM »

Wow...thanks for that...much appreciated!

River - spectacular! Cool
Void - my favourite - appeals to my minimalist soul... Kiss
After Dark - eventful, and nicely textured.

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 07:40:13 PM »

Like Will said don’t be so long!

All three are top shelf material IMHO wOO

Void was my favorite with the other two tied for a close second.

Again some very good songs here  wOO

The older I get the better I was!
magikroom

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:30:24 PM »

My old computer died and I lost the bookmark, over the time I forgot the name of the site...but popped into my head the other day, after searching under ambient etc.   back now and am glad for your comments...Void is a favourite of mine, because I had loads of instruments in it, but decided to strip it right back and let the sounds speak for themselves...  Thanks, only a few people hear my stuff and it's good to hear some feedback...much appreciated...

Like Will said don’t be so long!

All three are top shelf material IMHO wOO

Void was my favorite with the other two tied for a close second.

Again some very good songs here  wOO
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2012, 07:10:27 PM »

To be honest,I don't remember you...but considering that you've only posted 15 times in 5 years..well,that's what happens sometimes.I'm glad you're here though and that you had enough regard for this forum to return after all this time(a lot of folks have spoken highly of this forum...about what a unique place it is and what a tight unit it is and yet,they've all abandoned this forum without giving it another thought).

As for your tunes,they all have an ELO(electric light orchestra),OMD(orchestral maneuvers in the dark) and a Art Of Noise sound to them and I love film soundtracks in general,so all 3 of these songs have scored high in my point system.....very original,tight arrangements,nice choice of sounds,mixed well with high fidelity all around...very impressive!  Cool

-Thom

magikroom

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 05:20:33 PM »

Thanks for the feedback and you know, you have some very good points.

We all have our digital footprint on forums, websites etc and this changes over time...we've all been part of something new, see it get popular and then it loses something the more people involved.  For me, I'm 41 now and didn't do any music for a couple of years, in fact the room I have my kit in, i'd just look at it and feel guilty for not using it...turn it on and be "Blank".  I do Video for a living and making music for them has got me back into it.  I was signed in the late 90's with a female singer (was my ex) been in magazines and on radio, but it all come to nothing.  I;m doing music now that i want to hear...something i wasn't really confident of before.

I haven't posted much on here and to be honest, I forgot the name of the site, but it popped into my head the other day after searching, bit one thing with this site is that it's only available if you log-in (i might be wrong on this)...rather be enclosed, I think open it upo...yes, you might get idiots, but end of the day, we all do music and it can be a solitary experience, getting feedback puts you on a high a bit.  I personally use Reddit for a lot of things, but only get a few plays, but the odd comment means the worls to me...that all these years effort, meant something...

hope you don't think i'm a bit of a knob for bringing this up, but I really do appreciate the comments in this thread, it spurs me on to do more...something that has been lacking for quite some time..

cheers

Jamie

To be honest,I don't remember you...but considering that you've only posted 15 times in 5 years..well,that's what happens sometimes.I'm glad you're here though and that you had enough regard for this forum to return after all this time(a lot of folks have spoken highly of this forum...about what a unique place it is and what a tight unit it is and yet,they've all abandoned this forum without giving it another thought).

As for your tunes,they all have an ELO(electric light orchestra),OMD(orchestral maneuvers in the dark) and a Art Of Noise sound to them and I love film soundtracks in general,so all 3 of these songs have scored high in my point system.....very original,tight arrangements,nice choice of sounds,mixed well with high fidelity all around...very impressive!  Cool

-Thom
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 09:00:07 PM »

We usually have about a dozen visitors at any time, they are free to look around most of the site, and if they can't be bothered to log in, well are they likely to add anything? Our traffic is quite slow, but this has remained just about the friendliest of any site I've ever come across Smiley

There are only a couple of parts that are invisible to visitors (such as the quarterly review). As these bits are work in progress and development ideas we don't really want everyone just nosing around, rather like when you're trying out that important speech you only really want the immediate family to hear it  Grin

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
magikroom

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2012, 04:47:48 PM »

I completely understand and wasn't a criticism of any kind...I've only recently got back into writing music, spurred on by Video work really and do it for fun, where when I wrote songs with my Ex in the 90's, it was to try and get signed etc...So different now, technology has made it easier to make music, for all levels of skill, but harder to actually get heard.  I may get 'tens' of plays on Soundcloud and while we all enjoy what we do, it's good to have feedback as it makes you want to do more and not give up.  I only made a few post's and forgot the name of the site...but i've been using Reddit a lot, but there all young 15 year olds doing stuff with cracked software...anyway, fun to still do, got my second wind...lol

Jamie

We usually have about a dozen visitors at any time, they are free to look around most of the site, and if they can't be bothered to log in, well are they likely to add anything? Our traffic is quite slow, but this has remained just about the friendliest of any site I've ever come across Smiley

There are only a couple of parts that are invisible to visitors (such as the quarterly review). As these bits are work in progress and development ideas we don't really want everyone just nosing around, rather like when you're trying out that important speech you only really want the immediate family to hear it  Grin
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 07:58:35 PM »

Jamie,

Since you are also a video artist,perhaps making videos along with your music for YouTube,may be another viable option,in terms of receiving feedback(although in my travels,K-M has always been the most rewarding experience,because this site is all about community and sharing).

It's very strange though,the type of videos that get all of the attention on YouTube...such as gratuitous violence,mayhem,*** and the like...such as you find in the news everyday.

If it's not completely outrageous and twisted,it doesn't seem like it's worth anyone's viewing time....so it takes a long while sometimes,to get a decent amount of hits.

-Thom

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: