Kara-Moon Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:16:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Music that inspires you...  (Read 10871 times)
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2011, 06:02:11 PM »

Some good ones here. Like James I'm rather impressed with Moriarty.

Sources of inspiration for me are many and varied, including music from Isao Tomita, The Moody Blues (especially Days Of The future Past), Pink Floyd, The Seekers - yes really, Mahler, Bach and Widor (the ultimate organ toccata),.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
SLD Music

« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2011, 07:27:53 PM »

I like alot of the contributions so far.

I have lots of inspriations... and lots of music that gives me goose bumps.  Unlike James, my tastes are very eclectic. ;-) 

I have many examples of countless styles I could offer up, but here's a timely one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_bA9J-J_mo

Recorded in 1993 at Carnegie Hall in a concert to honor an American songwriting master, Stephen Sondheim.  Harolyn Blackwell's performance here is my favorite I've ever heard of this song (which is from Sweeny Todd) .  It's a live performance and a testimate to unbelievable vocal training, preparation and execution.  Give all your attention to it, make the room quiet and dark, listen all the way to the end, and watch her sing this song.  If you're like me, it's an exeperience that won't likely leave you soon.

This is timely in a way, because I myself have been offered the opportunity of a lifetime.  In March of next year, I will have my own chance to sing where Harolyn and countless other stars and legends have performed.  I will be part of a choral group that will perform John Rutter's Magnificat in Carnegie Hall.
Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2011, 06:53:03 PM »

Time for a new one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UVNT4wvIGY

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: