Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:04:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Encounters  (Read 4212 times)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« on: December 08, 2010, 05:24:30 PM »

Encounters is a song I’ve been working on this week.  It is a new age/space song.  It started in BiaB using two midi styles, Enya44 and Space1.  They were cut, pasted and morphed into this.

What do you think?

* Encounters.mp3 (7934.37 KB - downloaded 595 times.)

The older I get the better I was!
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2010, 10:40:02 PM »

First of all ...  wOO

Imaginative use of BIAB.... and your melody action is nicely deployed.
The ending seems abrupt - could use some kind of whacked-out space echo to finish up...

MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:09 PM »

Thanx Oren.

I agree about the ending however I was pushing my old music computer to its limit.  I had to generate midi/VSTi tracks them bounce them to audio so my system wouldn’t keep having buffer farts Sad All total there were 38 tracks involved in this one.  So instead of re-writing the ending I just did a quick fade and hoped nobody would notice  Roll Eyes  WRONG AGAIN  Embarrassed  I’ll have to go back and fix that ending now.

Thanx  Angry No really thanx  Wink

The older I get the better I was!
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 04:30:24 AM »

Behold.....the zen master of BIAB....Mr.DeLaura....truly a paramount piece of epic proportions!!
The only other little wrinkle of this tune in my opinion,is the area between 2:17 and 2:31.....as there are some very sour notes that just don't jive to my ears.
Aside from that though,this was quite a thrill ride & I had an amazing time listening to it...really immersing stuff!!

I sometimes draw inspiration from some of my preset programs inside of my Korg M3,which has me thinking about possibly making an investment in BIAB software!  wOO

-Thom                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 04:38:37 AM by elwoodblues1969 » Logged

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2010, 08:54:27 AM »

Very creative use of BIAB  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/