Kara-Moon Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:07:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: KVR Contest Entry  (Read 5970 times)
rp314

« on: February 20, 2009, 01:28:34 AM »

First time here, I hope I'm doing this right. KVR February contest entry, just a silly little tune. TIA to anyone who listens to it here and wishes to leave comments. Wink

* 0902_rp314_Scherzetto_Romantico.mp3 (2672.16 KB - downloaded 540 times.)
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 02:10:15 PM »

Hi rp314,

If this is just “a silly little tune” then I can’t wait to hear some of your serious music.

This is an interesting piece of music. I liked this one, very classical based. 

Super job on this.

The older I get the better I was!
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 02:51:37 PM »

I fully agree, certainly not just a silly tune...
Good luck with the contest

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 07:42:44 PM »

I was highly impressed when I heard this 'over there'. I'm still impressed. It is very good.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rp314

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 08:33:06 PM »

Thanks for the kind words, folks.

For those of you who are participating in this month's contest: I originally had a piece that had more of a "dynamics" theme but fairly quickly realized that I could not bring it down to the 2 minute limit. Sometimes these things can be seriously frustrating, especially when we're talking about a difference of 45 seconds or so. If that were the only challenge, huh?

Anyway, along the way I just started to doodle around on my Alesis keyboard and somehow came up with this ditty which borrows from many of my influences from younger days, especially Ravel waltzes. With my rather rudimentary keyboard skills, it took about 2 weeks of occasional practice to be able to record the first part with only the minor mistakes that are typically less noticeable at faster tempos, although someone at KVR did mention something regarding the bass notes which shows that you can't fool all of the people all of the time, no matter the tempo... Grin

Once again, thanks for the appreciative comments, and more importantly for listening. Wink
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 07:53:12 PM »

Very nice rp !
This is one of the best tracks I heard in this month's contest over there.
You said your performance wasn't perfect but I don't care about that: this is a good composition, and that's more important for me than playing skills Wink

Cheers
rp314

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2009, 10:52:42 PM »

Thanks Laguna Rising. It's been fairly fun so far but now comes the impossible task of voting. Oh, holy providence... Grin

Richard
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2009, 12:34:27 PM »

I'm a bit surprised that this one didn't end in the top 10, you just missed it  Cool

Good score !

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2009, 07:48:44 PM »

I was surprised as well. It deserved to do better - still there always another chance!

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
rp314

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2009, 08:29:21 PM »

Thanks, everyone, and it is really a bit more surprising to me how relatively poorly those I voted for did. But all of this is made greatly insignificant by the news of the death of Tim Conrardy. I did not know him but recall that last year his mentor Allen Strange passed away, and I shared some experiences (Strange being an important figure in Contemporary Music circles in the Bay Area) with him as well as noting that I still owned one of his electronic music texts. Very sad news, indeed.

On a more positive note, my venturing forth at KVR had the nice unintended consequence of getting me to finally check out this forum, and I, once again, thank you for the positive feedback and the votes. It's a great place you guys have here... Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: