Kara-Moon Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:20:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Idea/basis for a track  (Read 5024 times)
Frederik

« on: January 13, 2008, 09:42:32 PM »

Hi to all, it's been a while, hope everyone is doing fine!

I'm working on several things for the moment, but this one is the thing thas has most potential ;-)
It's based on a quite repetitive piano theme, with instruments adding gradually, ending with some dramatical (?) strings.
I've an idea for a sung melody and lyrics, but for now I'll post the instrumental version first.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

bye,

frederik
« Last Edit: February 23, 2008, 12:50:49 PM by Frederik » Logged
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008, 09:59:33 PM »

Great potential Fred
I love that bassline, very well done

Looking forward to next version with vox !

k

Hi to all, it's been a while, hope everyone is doing fine!

I'm working on several things for the moment, but this one is the thing thas has most potential ;-)
It's based on a quite repetitive piano theme, with instruments adding gradually, ending with some dramatical (?) strings.
I've an idea for a sung melody and lyrics, but for now I'll post the instrumental version first.

All thoughts and suggestions are appreciated!

bye,

frederik

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008, 10:10:58 PM »

Hi Frederik
glad you're back with us   Smiley
This is an already developed track, very nice so far, the repetition of the piano pattern works good and it's not boring, with the addiction of the other instruments it works great.
Well done, I look forward to the next version

Cheers
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008, 11:44:14 PM »

Hi Fred,

With regard to my particular taste,I would prefer the piano bit as a intro & then have some variation to it,but otherwise,it's a nicely crafted song. Smiley

I particularly like the very soft & gradual introduction of the distortion layer that comes in...very eloquently done.

The bass line really brings together the theme, & makes things really interesting as the song goes on.

I look forward to the final version of this piece.

Cheers,

Thom

Alienz

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »

great pianosound, very nice and subtle haunting strings? entering. Well crafted string section coming in in the second part, indeed very dramatic Smiley. Drums could be a bit louder maybe? Nice bassline, sounds maybe a bit 'muddy' to me but i just got a new hifi-amp so maybe thats why it sounds a bit muddy to me?
I would add some occasional kinda space-synth sound in there somewhere (but i think i do that on every track  Cheesy )
Great epic work
« Last Edit: February 13, 2008, 11:27:22 PM by Alienz » Logged
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2008, 10:33:46 PM »

Got to agree with everyone else here. Very much want to hear where you go with this.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Frederik

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2008, 11:47:26 AM »

Thanks for the replies and tips (drums indeed should be a bit louder in the mix)...

I'm still waiting for my tascam us144 to arrive to be able to add more (live) things to this track ;-)
As soon as I get the new version together I'll post it here for sure.
For now you'll have to do with new and revised older track I'm planning to post here soon.

see ya,

frederik
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: