Kara-Moon Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:02:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: i(don't)Dance  (Read 5862 times)
Servetus

Heretic

« on: May 30, 2008, 07:00:08 AM »

iDance? No I don't.. I make electronic 'music' (sounds would probably be more appropriate, but for simplicity's sake).

It has been a long standing issue of mine, the general thought that 'electronic' equals 'dance'. I do not dance. I am not proud of the fact, it's just that I need to see some sort of rational point in things and a methodical way to do things. Dancing is just.. not one of the things I am capable of viewing that way. So I was listening to RDJ's Analord records and thought- 'Wait, this is dance music, sort of, it's acid dance, I like it, but it is sort of dancy!'.

No, I still couldn't dance to it.

But I did try making it, so long story short, here is my attempt at semi-dance-able music. (It ends abruptly because I had a lot of projects going on and my creativity comes in many small bits of astounding variety, so I wasn't sure if I'd have the creative bits to continue it later, I'll update it if I do, I guess.)

-Servetus

* i(don't)Dance.mp3 (4881.7 KB - downloaded 247 times.)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2008, 07:08:22 AM by Servetus » Logged

I like.. sound.
elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2008, 04:00:32 PM »

Servetus,

This piece is not something I would dance to,meaning that it does'nt really light a fire under my *ss,but it is an interesting composition nonetheless.

This piece to me,tells of a dark,brooding story,like that of a sci-fi action video game,so in that respect,it's enjoyable. Cool

By the way,I decided against the X-Station,because the new Kurzweil PC3 is single-handedly the most amazing instrument I've ever come across and it is priced at an all time low....it may very well be the ideal intrument for you as well...or at the very least,something to consider at some point. Wink

Thom

Moon
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 05:59:14 PM »

Hi Servetus,

Very distinct style you have there. I think you have a very good title there; it's not a dance song, rather somebody trying to dance but not succeeding very well. Great song in it's own style.

Moon
Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 06:37:06 AM »

Thank you for the feedback, and thanks for listening.

Elwood: Thanks for the kind words, yeah, movies and video games have both influenced me a lot; really, not getting the x station? Well, I'm looking forward to hearing that PC3, I'll have to take a look at it's specs.

Moon: Heh, that comment made me laugh out-loud. Yes, in hindsight it just didn't end up being dancy. I'm not a dancy person, I guess, yeah dancing isn't for me. I really liked the sounds I found for this song though- a lot of FM synthesis. Actually, it was all FM and effects, minus the percussion of course.

Thanks again,
-Servetus

I like.. sound.
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2008, 08:01:03 AM »

Many original sounds here, it's a bit more developed than the average dance thing.
It seems danceable but I'm not a dancer myself  Embarrassed
Nice!

Cheers
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2008, 03:29:04 PM »

Well, I don't dance, so I don't know if it's danceable  Huh

For me it sounds more as  a very good and modern chiptune.

Well done guy  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2008, 04:48:34 AM »

Many original sounds here, it's a bit more developed than the average dance thing. Nice!

It has a measured beat. Insistent. I found myself tapping my foot.

Is that wrong Cheesy?

Actually, I can see one of those interpretive dance troops getting all costumed up and making quite a production of this....

Servetus

Heretic

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2008, 05:47:42 PM »

Laguna: Yeah, I think that is why I don't like 'electronic' being synonymous with 'dance'.. Trance etc. is difficult for me to .. appreciate.. in all it's splendid simplicity. I may not be adept at intricacy, but at least I try.  Grin

Kara: I think most things are dance-able.. it just depends on the person. I don't mind the modern chiptune label. Chiptune is cool in my book. Danke Kara!

Oren: Hehe, nothing wrong at all. I tap my foot to noise.  Roll Eyes That'd be interesting, to see what they would cook up.

Thanks for listening and the feedback, much obliged.
Servetus

I like.. sound.
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2008, 12:53:46 AM »

From a guy who has two left feet this is a very enjoyable piece of music that I can’t dance too.

Don’t feel bad though.  I can’t dance to anything!

The older I get the better I was!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: