Kara-Moon Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:18:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: First Song with new Singer  (Read 14156 times)
MAD

« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2008, 01:34:47 AM »

This song is a great entry to our forum.
Some first class sounds here with a superb singer and great production.
It certainly puts us amateurs to shame!  Cry

Looking forward to hearing some more like this.
 Wink
James

Thnaks for the nice compliments James  Grin

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
MAD

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2008, 01:44:00 AM »

Good song and great singing.

I like the vocal sound as it is. Very upfront. I wish I could say the same for the bass sound. The part itself is great but in my opinion the basssound is too raw for this type of music ( did you eq or compress it at all?) and it seems to muddy the mix and cloud the drum part. Maybe that's what Mag meant as well with "smoother".

Thanks for the comments Martin. I did go back and listen to the sounds again several times, as I wanted to hear what you were hearing. I would agree that the bass in general is a bit aggressive (but that is mostly my style, especially on the fretless). I did do slight hardware compression during recording the bass and a bit in the mix, so I don't think that would be it.

I think it may have something to do with the conversion to MP3 format. I flipped back and forth between the original and the MP3 and noticed a definite shift in the tonal quality and muddiness. This is part of the reason that I kind of dislike the whole MP3 thing, as I find people these days are satisfied with far poorer sound quality than was even available on CD 15 years ago (can't even imagine paying 0.99 to download an MP3).

Anyway it looks like I have to do some more experimenting with the CD to MP3 coverting process (as I usually just do a basic conversion from the WAV file), as I have read that this can be tweaked and fiddled with.

Thanks for the great comments...this gives me something new to read up on and try to learn  Grin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2008, 01:52:31 AM by MAD » Logged

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
Fred S
Moderators Views

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 04:42:26 AM »

Hey MAD! Nice to see you round here. I always thought most of the music you posted at the Auditorium would work well with vocals.

This sounds great. The vocals do make it work.

I'm heading over to your second tune now with anticipation!!

MAD

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2008, 02:18:53 AM »

Hey MAD! Nice to see you round here. I always thought most of the music you posted at the Auditorium would work well with vocals.

This sounds great. The vocals do make it work.

I'm heading over to your second tune now with anticipation!!

Thanks for the comments Fred. Nice to see you again as well  Grin

~ ~ Mark ~ ~
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: