Kara-Moon Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:26:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Back with a new hip  (Read 16072 times)
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

...just looking for clues...

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 06:09:48 PM »

Bionic?   A real hip guy?

Didn't anyone tell you guys that it hurts like hell when I laugh? Wink Actually, I wondered if I qualified for "cybernetic"... the new hip is made of ceramic and highly cross-linked polyester...

Thanks for your humour and kindness - I am healthy, and my wife is wonderfully supportive, so it is just a matter of  perserverence and acquiring the necessary new skills. (sort of like learning Linux, but with a lot more sweat... Cheesy)

I'll get back to "Respect" as soon as I can sit down comfortably Tongue,

Oren.

Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2009, 08:06:34 PM »

Good to hear you're feeling well Oren! Oh - and don't try any mods and other additions to the hip... it might be comparable to Linux but one upgrade at a time should be enough! Wink

On a more serious note, it's very interesting to hear the materials they made it from... I always thought they used a kind of surgical steel alloy but ceramics and polyester should be lighter and harder. Very interestiing stuff.

Also known as Marc JXP
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2009, 08:10:50 PM »

Good to hear things are going OK, and you still have your sense of humour Afro

I've noticed that ceramics are appearing all over the place these days.and in all sorts of unexpected places - very interesting.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
SoundKlops

« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 01:14:30 PM »

Hi Oren,

I wish you all the best.

Now you maybe an expert for hip hop. Wink

Andreas
Marc JX8P
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 01:50:18 PM »

Hi Oren,

I wish you all the best.

Now you maybe an expert for hip hop. Wink

Andreas

Another quality pun... Grin

Also known as Marc JXP
Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2009, 07:02:54 PM »

Marc, Andreas, Will,

The new joint is a total replacement. (and yes, I do hop around quite a bit, now Cheesy)
Until recently, titanium was the material of choice, but they looked for something more similar to natural bone, and settled on ceramic. The bearing surfaces are "heavily cross-linked polyester" - very slippery and tough.

Now we are just waiting for the bone to grow and adhere to the new joint surfaces - four more weeks until I can start walking with that leg.
Then, no more hip-hop,,, Afro

kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »

Great to see you're going well Oren  Cool

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 10:12:52 PM »

k

+1  Afro

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
Wyatt
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2009, 12:40:47 AM »

k

+1  Afro

+ Yep!!
   Afro

Cool

Wyatt

elwoodblues1969
Kara-Moon Master

Studiophile,Audiophile & Synthophile.

« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2009, 02:49:45 PM »

Oren,

From one disabled person to another,I really admire your perseverance through your ideal,as even though your situation differs from mine,there is some common ground we share.
Even though your situation seems to be going along exceptionally well,it's still a life altering event that turns your lifestyle upside down and it's just a matter of adapting to the change & resonating a new perspective on life in a positive light,which you have done quite well.

My disability has worsened with age & it will continue to do so,but as long as I keep fighting it with my exercise regiment,I can at least stave off the onset of leg paralysis for a while.

My situation has afforded me things that I would not have otherwise,so I am grateful & very content with with the new resources I have acquired.

Disabled or not,as we all get older..we're challenged to change into change & take pleasure in simple things,as well as seek meaning in areas that are new to us to be content & happy.

That being said,I wish you an ultra-speedy recovery & "Carpe Diem". Cheesy

Your friend,

-Thom

Oren
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2009, 07:12:50 PM »

...it's still a life altering event that turns your lifestyle upside down and it's just a matter of adapting to the change & resonating a new perspective on life in a positive light,which you have done quite well.
My situation has afforded me things that I would not have otherwise,so I am grateful & very content with with the new resources I have acquired.
Disabled or not,as we all get older..we're challenged to change into change & take pleasure in simple things,as well as seek meaning in areas that are new to us to be content & happy.

Thanks, gentlemen. It makes a difference....  wOO

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: