Kara-Moon Forum
May 18, 2024, 07:50:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: You can go back to the main site here: Kara-Moon site

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Harvest  (Read 8429 times)
FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« on: October 03, 2007, 08:48:37 PM »

Another tune inspired by the seasons. Comments welcome.

http://www.kara-moon.com/download_song.php?download_id=4400
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 06:32:33 AM »

Hm nice one,
it has a very captivating melody and the counter melody is a very nice touch. Well done.
The whole song actually has a very good build up from the main theme, good harmonisation.

Great song, thanks for sharing

k

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
TheBellows

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 03:57:53 PM »

Nice song and composition.  Smiley
It sounds a bit too midi for my taste, but i don't expect you to have a real orchestra at home.
Laguna Rising
Kara-Moon-Collective
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 06:13:33 PM »

Hi FourthMansions

Nice inspiration, I like the autumn mood of it, good melodies.
I like the orchestral sounds, but I'm not 100 % happy with the drums sound, or maybe it's just the kick that seems too much up front to me, (not sure.... Undecided)
Good structured composition, and good production

Cheers
FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 08:09:31 PM »

Thanks for listening guys - glad you liked it.  The orchestral sounds are from Garritan Personal Orchestra. They sound pretty good to me, but I probably need to learn a bit more about fine tuning it.
folderol
Kara-Moon Master

Who? Me?

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 08:15:52 PM »

This is very nice, and the melodies weave together well. I think it might have been better if the timing was a little less precise.

If you have a poem, I have a tune, and we exchange these, we can both have a poem, a tune, and a song.
- Will
MarioD
Kara-Moon Master

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 08:19:22 PM »

This is a very nice song with a strong melody and counterpoint that was well played.  I liked the orchestral sounds, mix and pans.  Like Laguna Rising I think the kick drum was way to loud for this.

Super song - MarioD

The older I get the better I was!
FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2007, 08:22:01 PM »

Mario and Folderol, thanks for listening and commenting. I may have to rethink the kick drum.
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2007, 06:12:47 PM »

Nice one, FM

I also have GPO and I know it's a problem to get the right attack with string and cello lines. It's usually a bit too legato for me. Sometimes I use a second sample from Halion to get the right attack. I think your main melody line also suffers a bit from this. At the moment it has a bit of an unsteady feeling, so to speak.
Nevertheless you have some good things going on here. I especially like the middle part with the two counter melodies. I don't know about the kick being too loud but I thought the kick was in parts a bit too busy. Not suiting the mood of the song.
magmavander
Frenchy but chic
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2007, 08:19:09 PM »

Hi Fm,

the season mood is very well rendered  Smiley
I liked a lot the intricated melodies. Cool work!!
The strings sounds good to me but their playing is very "mechanical". For the cello there is a good free vst called Cellofan. Maybe you should try it. If you didnt find it I can post it here  Wink

Thanks!

bye

mag

Frenchy but chic
kara
Kara-Moon, a site built by and for musicians
Global Moderator
Kara-Moon Master

Music is my middle name

« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2007, 08:07:13 AM »

I'm using GPO allso
You do know that you ahve to play with the MOD wheel parameter to get the right attack don't you ?
Actually the whole expression thing of GPO depends on the MOD wheel parameter, much more then on velocity, wolume and other stuff...

k

Nice one, FM

I also have GPO and I know it's a problem to get the right attack with string and cello lines. It's usually a bit too legato for me. Sometimes I use a second sample from Halion to get the right attack. I think your main melody line also suffers a bit from this. At the moment it has a bit of an unsteady feeling, so to speak.
Nevertheless you have some good things going on here. I especially like the middle part with the two counter melodies. I don't know about the kick being too loud but I thought the kick was in parts a bit too busy. Not suiting the mood of the song.

_____oOo______ http://www.myspace.com/kaazduo

www.kara-moon.com, a site built by and for musicians
Support us at : http://www.mymajorcompany.com/Artistes/kaaz/
Martin E
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2007, 09:03:39 AM »

I'm using GPO allso
You do know that you ahve to play with the MOD wheel parameter to get the right attack don't you ?
Actually the whole expression thing of GPO depends on the MOD wheel parameter, much more then on velocity, wolume and other stuff...

k

Mmm As far as I know the Mod wheel in GPO only influences the velocity and not the attack. But maybe I'm wrong.
FourthMansions
Kara-Moon-Collective

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2007, 07:58:53 PM »

Thanks for the advice guys - yes I know the mod wheel is essential to GPO, but I've still got a lot of learning to do.  Smiley

Thanks for the suggestion about Cellofan, Magma - I'll take a look for it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: